Have heard in Upstate Ny. UPS is already doing 10/4 areas

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Why did these changes occur?

They have not occurred---they are proposed changes. The reason is quite simple----money. 4x10's don't pay OT until you have worked 10hrs/day, 40hrs/week. What will happen is the run(s) will be converted, put up for bid and the lowest seniority driver(s) will be forced to take it (them).

40 and out

They have not occurred---they are proposed changes. The reason is quite simple----money. 4x10's don't pay OT until you have worked 10hrs/day, 40hrs/week. What will happen is the run(s) will be converted, put up for bid and the lowest seniority driver(s) will be forced to take it (them).
Another concession!!! How many does that make? I've lost count. Let's hope UPS never loses money. We'll be paying them to let us work there.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I'd jump all over a 4/10 schedule,but since this is UPS we are talking about i'm certain it would quickly become a 4/13 schedule

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I wouldnt have a problem with it as long as no one had the bid forced on them. There are probably plenty of people who dont need the OT money and would love to have 3 day weekends.