Lion's Club

PPH_over_9000

So this is more of a rant post but have any of y'all been introduced to this? There was something on a monitor earlier this week that was talking about lions and their dens and :censored2:...

And then Wednesday or Thursday management decides to recognize our center's first member of the lion's club.

They called out his name and he walked up to grab his piece of printed out paper from the office. I wasn't surprised when I heard the name, he's a great dude. All around likeable :censored2: who doesn't know how to say no. This guy is our center's most notorious runner. To the point where the route he's been covering has been going out with 300+ stops and over 500 pieces (PVD's/SSD's and helpers but still) and this guy is ALWAYS clocked out by the time I get back to the building and start my lunch break.

So they paraded him in front of us, gave him an award and said "Be more like this guy."

Lol, :censored2: this company, man. I'm here for a paycheck and a pension and :censored2: everything else.

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
They actually did this at our building for a few weeks for the "most productive" driver. It was the usual runner gunners. The old timers got mad when one of the runner-gunners got a JBL bluetooth speaker during the PCM.

After a few weeks it faded away and no one has said anything about it since.

542thruNthru

So this is more of a rant post but have any of y'all been introduced to this? There was something on a monitor earlier this week that was talking about lions and their dens and :censored2:...

And then Wednesday or Thursday management decides to recognize our center's first member of the lion's club.

They called out his name and he walked up to grab his piece of printed out paper from the office. I wasn't surprised when I heard the name, he's a great dude. All around likeable :censored2: who doesn't know how to say no. This guy is our center's most notorious runner. To the point where the route he's been covering has been going out with 300+ stops and over 500 pieces (PVD's/SSD's and helpers but still) and this guy is ALWAYS clocked out by the time I get back to the building and start my lunch break.

So they paraded him in front of us, gave him an award and said "Be more like this guy."

Lol, :censored2: this company, man. I'm here for a paycheck and a pension and :censored2: everything else.

They do something like this all the time. Just sit there and smile and get paid to listen.

Coldworld

60 months and counting

Runner won’t be here to enjoy that pension…will burn themselves out in a few years, getting hurt or fired for smoking pkgs…seen it happen many times

Up In Smoke

Wait, what? You take your meal and/or breaks back at the building?

I have NOT been lurking

Degenerate Member
Runner won’t be here to enjoy that pension…will burn themselves out in a few years, getting hurt or fired for smoking pkgs…seen it happen many times
They'll be smalls. They'll never be
20231202_043243.jpg

BrownSnowFlake

I thought Lions Club was a bunch of bored housewives who adopt-a-highway and pick up trash or similar service projects.

What you described sounds incredibly gay.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Ok tough guy explain why you are taking your lunch when you get back to the building
You think center manager takes his lunch when he gets done working
SMDH

PPH_over_9000

Ok tough guy explain why you are taking your lunch when you get back to the building
You think center manager takes his lunch when he gets done working
SMDH
I take the time I need to eat throughout the day. Sometimes that's 10min, sometimes it's 30.

It's rare I take my 30 and my 10 entirely on-road but there've been days where I was wiped and needed that break.

Typically I bang out my 10min break and another 5-10min unpaid to grab lunch and I just bank the remaining time in case I need it later in the day.