Heads are exploding over transgender star Dylan Mulvaney being the face of the brand

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
The fact that conservatives feel transgender people deserve death further proves that American Christian Nationalism is basically radical Islam with pork, beer and bikinis.
The fact that you extrapolate the post of a single person to represent an entire group that you are opposed to, defines you as the irrational participant in the discussion.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
I’m not on the side that wants Anheuser-Busch out of business and Dylan Mulvaney dead for their crimes against your sensibilities.

I’ll try and be a better man in 2024 if you guys can decide that a promotional six pack and an Instagram post doesn’t require financial destruction of a company and death to an individual.
To hell with foreigners!

Ownership. Anheuser-Busch InBev is controlled by Belgian families Vandamme, de Mévius and de Spoelberch, who as of 2015 owned a combined 28.6% of the company, and Brazilian investors Jorge Paulo Lemann, Carlos Alberto Sicupira and Marcel Telles, who owned 22.7% through their private investment firm 3G Capital.

vantexan

An employer would just ask you leave their gender out of it if you can’t be respectful. Just use their name instead. If you insist on being insubordinate you should expect discipline. Or go get another job. It’s not hard. Just be respectful.
When you address anyone directly you don't use he or she. You just talk to them. However when talking to someone else about another person you don't constantly say that person's name, you say he or she. And that's what a lot of us are against, being forced to change everything to accommodate a particular person's idiosyncrasies.

When you address anyone directly you don't use he or she. You just talk to them. However when talking to someone else about another person you don't constantly say that person's name, you say he or she. And that's what a lot of us are against, being forced to change everything to accommodate a particular person's idiosyncrasies.
Such a heavy burden you carry!

Yes, one can just use their name when referring to the trans coworker when speaking to other coworkers.

See, you have no problem forcing others to modify their behavior to push your agenda.
Dude, as an employee you have to modify lots of behavior to conform to what the employer lists in the employment contract. Employers are asking you to be respectful and that includes not being obstinate about someone’s identity.

Darmark7

Retired 2020. Not my Problem Anymore!
So if a person says they identify as royalty should everyone have to address them as “your highness“ or be punished? How do we address a person that identifies as a car? What if a person identifies as invisible and then someone address them, Should that person be punished? And please don’t tell me these are ridiculous examples because just a few years ago we would have said the same about what is going on today. We know there is no end to satisfy what is going on. We have already passed genders and have went to people identifying as animals and even aliens so we better get ready for the future of mental illness and decide if it is wise to play along or nip it in the bud.

So if a person says they identify as royalty should everyone have to address them as “your highness“ or be punished? How do we address a person that identifies as a car? What if a person identifies as invisible and then someone address them, Should that person be punished? And please don’t tell me these are ridiculous examples because just a few years ago we would have said the same about what is going on today. We know there is no end to satisfy what is going on. We have already passed genders and have went to people identifying as animals and even aliens so we better get ready for the future of mental illness and decide if it is wise to play along or nip it in the bud.
Title VII under the Civil Rights Act of 1964 has been determined by the Supreme Court of the United States to include gender identity. Employers tend to take that seriously and try to create a workplace that is inclusive. I'm not aware of any example of a person asking their coworkers to address their gender identity as "your highness".

Darmark7

I'm not aware of any example of a person asking their coworkers to address their gender identity as "your highness".

Not yet.
Just a few years ago I never knew of an example of a person asking their coworkers to address them as anything except what they was born as. Things change fast and it seems people are always pushing to further their agendas. Remember “don’t ask, don’t tell.” how far has that went and still going.

Not yet.
Just a few years ago I never knew of an example of a person asking their coworkers to address them as anything except what they was born as. Things change fast and it seems people are always pushing to further their agendas.
People want to be free to be who they are, in many cases to be addressed as who they feel they have been since they were little kids.

People feel more free to be who they are without fear of retribution than they ever have been. Freedom is a beautiful thing. Right?

Darmark7

People feel more free to be who they are without fear of retribution than they ever have been. Freedom is a beautiful thing. Right?

The problem is for a small percentage to “feel free” they have made the majority ”not free” and captivated them to participate or be punished. Sometimes freedom can’t be for 100% of the people in every example but because freedom is a beautiful thing we should never take away the freedom of 99% to satisfy the 1%.

vantexan

Dude, as an employee you have to modify lots of behavior to conform to what the employer lists in the employment contract. Employers are asking you to be respectful and that includes not being obstinate about someone’s identity.
Why not, they're being obstinate about their identity? Telling me and everyone else we have to modify our behavior is violating our rights to live our lives as we see fit. You're insisting we ignore thousands of years of human behavior as well as established biology to humor someone who wants to be something he's not.

Why not, they're being obstinate about their identity? Telling me and everyone else we have to modify our behavior is violating our rights to live our lives as we see fit. You're insisting we ignore thousands of years of human behavior as well as established biology to humor someone who wants to be something he's not.
Ask yourself why you're being so defensive about not being able to be an :censored2: to coworkers.

vantexan

Title VII under the Civil Rights Act of 1964 has been determined by the Supreme Court of the United States to include gender identity. Employers tend to take that seriously and try to create a workplace that is inclusive. I'm not aware of any example of a person asking their coworkers to address their gender identity as "your highness".
If a person wants to think he's another gender it's his business. The Supreme Court ruled someone who's gay or transgender can't be discriminated against by a business. It didn't require fellow employees to use preferred pronouns.

vantexan

Ask yourself why you're being so defensive about not being able to be an :censored2: to coworkers.
Why am I being an :censored2: for refusing to go along? I'm not talking to that person in a nasty, hateful way. I'm just not going to refer to a man as she/her. Or a woman as he/him. If others want to do that it's up to them.

Why am I being an :censored2: for refusing to go along? I'm not talking to that person in a nasty, hateful way. I'm just not going to refer to a man as she/her. Or a woman as he/him. If others want to do that it's up to them.
So if you were called Mrs. Vantexan by everyone at work and you asked them not to refer to you in that way and they continued doing so would you consider that to be obnoxious and rude? Can you see why an employer would want that to stop?

vantexan

So if you were called Mrs. Vantexan by everyone at work and you asked them not to refer to you in that way and they continued doing so would you consider that to be obnoxious and rude? Can you see why an employer would want that to stop?
Except it would biologically, genetically incorrect to refer to me that way so they're just being stupid. As I would be for calling a man she.

vantexan

This kind of logic is what is allowing women's sports to be ruined by physically superior men.