Healthcare next contract

oldngray

nowhere special
Sir. I pay premiums every month with no subsidies. I write the check. I can assure you that never has a check been written to "Obamacare" and premiums went down about $300 per month.

Obamacare is not an insurance company and that is just a deflection. What it does is dictate coverage.

I'm still waiting to get my $2500/year Obama promised I would save.

Also I would love to get that $75/month policy Josh Earnest just said the vast majority of people were paying.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
There is one near certainty. Healthcare premiums will increase way above the rate of inflation no matter what healthcare plan is in place.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
My mother got a job at a company that provides dialysis treatments for people. Because of her duties, she had access to some financial information, particularly regarding what a treatment actually costs, and what people on various insurance plans end up getting billed. What she told me absolutely shocked me. She said it wasn't unusual for the company to bill insurance companies 7-10 times the actual cost of treatment, and even more for government based programs like medicare or medicaid.

I'm no fan of insurance companies, but we shouldn't pretend that they're the only ones screwing us. In fact, sometimes they're the ones getting screwed...they just pass that on to us. :/

Needless to say, I can't prove anything here. That's just what I was told, and I have no reason not to believe her other than the fact that it's just so outrageous, if true.
Medicare and Medicaid get billed so high because they don't pay squat.

Say the anesthesia employee is making $100 an hour. Medicare and Medicaid will probably reimburse at $25-$30 an hour.

It's all a big game. Ever look at your teamcare statements and see how much they get knocked off?

MAKAVELI

Medicare and Medicaid get billed so high because they don't pay squat.

Say the anesthesia employee is making $100 an hour. Medicare and Medicaid will probably reimburse at $25-$30 an hour.

It's all a big game. Ever look at your teamcare statements and see how much they get knocked off?
I know doctors, anesthesiologists, nurses, etc. are hurting so bad right now. Lol

MAKAVELI

Uhhh I see signs everyday of offices that won't accept these patients. Why do you think that is?
Greed. When one's primary focus in the health industry is to get rich they're in it for the wrong reasons. Doctors and other Professionals in the health industry or not hurting by any means.

Brownslave688

There are doctors that make that in half a year. They are not hurting they can afford to serve Medicare patients.
If they make that in half a year they probably had closer to 400-500k in loans and didn't start making any real money until 35 plus.

I think your aiming the flame at the wrong people here.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
If they make that in half a year they probably had closer to 400-500k in loans and didn't start making any real money until 35 plus.

I think your aiming the flame at the wrong people here.
My best friend is a doc. 400k in student loans. Never asked how much the paynent is, but im sure its hefty. Plus at his practice, they pay their own health insurance. Another 1500/ month minimum.

I feel financially, im doing about the same as he is , when its all said and done.

Brisket

My best friend is a doc. 400k in student loans. Never asked how much the paynent is, but im sure its hefty. Plus at his practice, they pay their own health insurance. Another 1500/ month minimum.

Not to mention astronomical malpractice insurance premiums.

Brownslave688

I feel financially, im doing about the same as he is , when its all said and done.
My wife has a little less than half that and we pay over $2500 a month.

MAKAVELI

Not to mention astronomical malpractice insurance premiums.
My wife has a little less than half that and we pay over $2500 a month.
Dont know what it costs the practice he works for, but they pay that for him.
Doctors out here sure don't have any money problems. Even with California's High Cost of Living.

bbsam

Staff member
Obamacare is not an insurance company and that is just a deflection. What it does is dictate coverage.

I'm still waiting to get my $2500/year Obama promised I would save.

Also I would love to get that $75/month policy Josh Earnest just said the vast majority of people were paying.
Dictate coverage? Like refusing of let insurance companies sell people crap policies?

Why is it that people get irate when government screws them but private industry always gets a pass?