UPS and Teamsters to resume contract negotiations next week

Thebrownblob

What if the contract is voted down? The interests of Sean are not necessarily the same as the members that actually turnout in every election.
If he fully approves the contract and it’s voted down, you will be working without a contract for quite a while. Imo

Coldworld

60 months and counting
It's a collection of things. Employees that are already living check to check is a concern. I get this will benfit everyone in the long run but it doesn't negate the fact that a strike will financially harm folks that are living pay check to pay check (not sure if they can apply for unemployment while taking strike pay?). If a deal can get done that is close to what SOB wants for the PartTimers then good and let's get it done without anyone losing $ that didn't plan around this strike.

However we will see the ramifications on the next contract. I can't image the company not expediting automation of our facility prior to the next contract. In the long run it will work out for the Teamsters because this showing will help them unionize Amazon, but I believe this will lit a fire under UPS to automate everything they possibly can which will lead to less union workers and less need for
If he fully approves the contract and it’s voted down, you will be working without a contract for quite a while. Imo
I think at this point you have many that didn’t think it would go down to the last day and just vote it in just to get it official and move on….look at some of the people on here.

ManInBrown

IMO when they resume negotiations next week UPS lays out the same offer they gave when talks broke off, or minimally better Just to appease the outcry of politicians and the public. I still think we will be striking. Hope I’m proven wrong.

anonymous23456

IMO when they resume negotiations next week UPS lays out the same offer they gave when talks broke off, or minimally better Just to appease the outcry of politicians and the public. I still think we will be striking. Hope I’m proven wrong.
Please just sign the damn contract so that I won't be drinking too much.

PT Car Washer

It's a collection of things. Employees that are already living check to check is a concern. I get this will benfit everyone in the long run but it doesn't negate the fact that a strike will financially harm folks that are living pay check to pay check (not sure if they can apply for unemployment while taking strike pay?). If a deal can get done that is close to what SOB wants for the PartTimers then good and let's get it done without anyone losing $ that didn't plan around this strike.

However we will see the ramifications on the next contract. I can't image the company not expediting automation of our facility prior to the next contract. In the long run it will work out for the Teamsters because this showing will help them unionize Amazon, but I believe this will lit a fire under UPS to automate everything they possibly can which will lead to less union workers and less need for mangment
Good. Less low wage jobs and more higher wage jobs.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
You could write a sitcom with that.
Carol In Charge.

Episode One: I Ken Be Rich Too

New manager Ken Doall, jealous of the preload millionaires he's in charge of, tries his hand in day trading...

oie_animation.gif

Last edited:

HarryWarden

I think at this point you have many that didn’t think it would go down to the last day and just vote it in just to get it official and move on….look at some of the people on here.
I think you also have just as many people who are saying they will vote no on the first offer whatever it is, which I think is dumb

Hopefully we get a clearly fair and generous contract that Sean approves and we vote in favor of

RangerMan06

I think you also have just as many people who are saying they will vote no on the first offer whatever it is, which I think is dumb

Hopefully we get a clearly fair and generous contract that Sean approves and we vote in favor of

I'm almost certainly voting NO. I don't think we'll get the contract we deserve until we strike. We deserve better than a "fair" contract.