Healthcare

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I guess when you are illiterate, it makes you feel better to call people names like "WENCH" because you have nothing to add to the conversation.

"I've got mine, too damn bad you won't get yours" crowd is doing WHATEVER it can to keep you down.

Oh, Heck. Now I see that you are one of those who is so busy worrying about what everyone else is doing TO KEEP YOU DOWN that can't take responsibility for your OWN happiness. And you obviously don't live anywhere near the real world, or you would understand the "high school grad" statement. I know of no other major corporation that provides health insurance to part-timers (which most of the employees in your HUB are classified as), especially at the low out of pocket expense that is offered by Fed Ex.

"Since you all are high school graduates who are not intellectually endowed enough to have obtained a REAL education (and get better insurance).... you better be thankful for what you have."
Had you taken the time to READ, if you are in fact literate, you would notice that all of the "High school graduates" who are employed at Fed Ex have better insurance than what is offered to the nurse who will be administering your morphine and prepping you for your bypass when you have that heart attack that seems to be just waiting to happen...
In closing, yes, you SHOULD be thankful. Remember when you call in for refills of your anti anxiety medication (you might want to consider based on the hostility noted in your post) that you have better insurance than the nurse that is too busy taking care of people with real medical problems to return your call...

[/QUOTE]

You are full of crap, and probably placed here by FedEx given that idiotic statement you made. "Low out of pocket expense"? Really. I know several nurses (RNs), and they make excellent money and have great health care. Because they are in demand, 6-figures is common, as are signing bonuses, and flexible scheduling. If you work nights, the shift premium is also substantial. One of the nurses I know works graveyard, and gets a $6 per hour shift differential.

FedEx sucks, FedEx healthcare sucks, and you sir, are a people.

thedownhillEXPRESS

Oh, Heck. Now I see that you are one of those who is so busy worrying about what everyone else is doing TO KEEP YOU DOWN that can't take responsibility for your OWN happiness. And you obviously don't live anywhere near the real world, or you would understand the "high school grad" statement. I know of no other major corporation that provides health insurance to part-timers (which most of the employees in your HUB are classified as), especially at the low out of pocket expense that is offered by Fed Ex.

"Since you all are high school graduates who are not intellectually endowed enough to have obtained a REAL education (and get better insurance).... you better be thankful for what you have."
Had you taken the time to READ, if you are in fact literate, you would notice that all of the "High school graduates" who are employed at Fed Ex have better insurance than what is offered to the nurse who will be administering your morphine and prepping you for your bypass when you have that heart attack that seems to be just waiting to happen...
In closing, yes, you SHOULD be thankful. Remember when you call in for refills of your anti anxiety medication (you might want to consider based on the hostility noted in your post) that you have better insurance than the nurse that is too busy taking care of people with real medical problems to return your call...

This person is full of crap,could it be the wife of Dano? Anyways an illness under next years plan will cost an employee over 5 figures, plus the thousands we pay in "premiums".
And sure it's easy to say the higher ups have the same plan but they make 3-20 times the average employees wage, that sure makes paying the super high deductibles much easier.

Ricochet1a

Nurses' pay is HIGHLY variable depending on: type of facility worked at, post RN training (CEN, CCRN, RT, Rad Tech) they possess, hours worked, employer worked for - along with a myriad of other factors (I know this well, as I said, my wife is an RN very soon to have her Masters in the field).

Nurses that work for an 'agency' (staffing agency) will tend to make 'bank' for the lack of better term. However, their hours are very irregular, they won't work at the same location repeatedly (they will work at whatever hospital/facility needs staffing on short notice), and are essentially 'on-call' waiting for a facility to call the staffing agency with its staffing need.

When a request from a facility comes into a staffing agency, that institution has obviously exhausted its internal staffing ability to cover a shift (usually an unexpected surge in admissions, or sick calls). Then the staffing agency coordinator starts calling available nurses (with the appropriate background), to cover the work that needs to be filled. My wife worked for a nursing staffing agency while I was in FedEx (she could pick and choose her hours - she did this to make sure our kids didn't become 'latchkey kids'.). She made (depending on assignment accepted), between $40 and $60 an hour.

The downside to being an agency nurse, was that there were no benefits (we used my FedEx benefits - and I WORKED for them, they weren't handed out gratis by Fred), and her work was often very irregular. She could work (be called to work) 50 hours in one week and go the next week without a phone call. This is why most RNs that work with staffing agencies do so solely as supplemental income. MOST work for an institution, give their schedules to the staffing agency coordinator (so they knew when they were available), then would hope for a shift. This was better than working OT in a hospital, since the wage rate was often DOUBLE their normal wage rate - and they got to work in a different institution, meet different people and meet those who might have a better opportunity for steady employment. About the only restriction that was placed on most agency nurses, is that they couldn't work an 'agency shift' for their 'regular' employer. This was to prevent nurses from turning down OT in whatever facility they worked in, only to come in as an 'agency nurse' being paid double or more their usual wage.

Most hospitals have what they call 'hourly bonus' where if a nurse accepts a shift that no one wants (after the hospital's shift coordinator calls the entire staffing roster for a department), they will be paid a bonus on top of their normal wage rate (regardless if they are working OT). In some instances (graves, holidays, etc.) hospitals will pay double bonus and very rarely triple bonus, all to avoid calling a staffing agency to get a shift filled.

Nurses that are smart and flexible, can make some serious money.

A generic agency shift in a nursing home would get one maybe $25-$30/hr (depending on time of day to be covered and just how tight staffing agency availability was). Staffing agencies work using a sort of 'airline' system, where those institutions who call in days in advance for staffing needs are given one rate (low), while those that call in with less than 2 hours till the shift starts are quoted a very HIGH rate. The nurses who keep a pair of scrubs handy and their cell phone nearby can pick up a quick $300 - $500 for a single shift.

'Regular' pay for starting RNs is in the low $20/hr range (goes up in inner cities and for working undesirable hours). With experience, their pay can hit $40/hr (this is being a FT employee for a hospital, with some years under their belt). Specialty nurses (ICU, ER, etc. ), can make upwards of $40 (regular employer), and easily $60 if they work an agency shift.

The burnout rate in nursing is rather high, a significant percentage of nursing school graduates are no longer doing patient care 10 years after passing their NCLEX. Many will go to work in a MD's office - but most MD's are using LPNs now rather than full RNs (cheaper).

And many, many years ago, I happened to meet the woman who was to be my future wife, while exchanging some of those nasty opiates and anxiolytics out my med box that were about to hit their expiration date, for some 'fresh stuff' in the ER. I did my time as an EMT-P, ACLS - so I've been around the block myself a few times.... I've done and seen more than our 'dial-a-nurse' will ever see in her lifetime.

So she can shove her telephone script, her fresh veggies and whole grains, where they belong.

And if she stops taking what her husband is telling her as Gospel (the perverted Gospel of Fred), then she might begin to think clearly and be able to make some money herself.

I can only imagine, if she is this gorked on purple KoolAid, what her husband must be like. I can only see prolonged exposure to Mr. Wavy Hands himself, as causing symptoms as serious as this.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
I still think this has got to be someone's idea of a really bent joke.. Certainly no one could have their head stuffed that far up their rectum....could they?

chargerlou

Very high deductibles coming in 2014 for everyone. My manager got the news and said we are going to be getting a bargain basement, high deductible plan which will cost us a lot more and save the company millions of dollars. Basically, you will be getting a pay cut if you have FedEx insurance.

Of all the benefits FedEx has taken from us or watered down over the years (pension, shift premiums, jump seat, etc.) this one is by far the biggest and one and will no doubt have an immediate negative impact on many of us.

This is why I have repeatedly said that we will be getting "no raise". The rumored 2% will be more than taken away through hours cuts and the new insurance plan you've mentioned. In other words, anything you "get" at FedEx will be taken away in some other form. We will actually be receiving a pay cut.

Glad I'm UPS Bound! !

Ricochet1a

I still think this has got to be someone's idea of a really bent joke.. Certainly no one could have their head stuffed that far up their rectum....could they?

No, there are people who are that far gone.

Among many of the salaried Express types (those who have never seen a package being moved in over 10 years except in a corporate video), there are those who think the wage employees are the scourge of the company. All of their (salaried types) organizing, planning, sales efforts, customer meetings and focus groups are responsible for making Express what it is - NOT the employee who draws a wage and actually moves one of those things called 'packages'.

It is a study in 'group think'. When a group becomes isolated and feeds on their own ideas as being reality - while having absolutely no connection to reality whatsoever, a 'schism' such as exists in Express can result. This is why you'll have those in Memphis (and the regional hubs) talk about one thing as being the most important thing going on - when that 'thing' has absolutely no connection to what is happening on a daily basis in the 'trenches'.

On the health care expense thing - many in Memphis are of the opinion that the wage employees (especially the part-timers) are 'getting it too good'. Witness the crap about benefits not something that are part of a comprehensive compensation package, but rather a 'gift'. Those damn unions want to really mess things up (for them anyway...) and if those illiterate wage employees were to be paid what they are worth, well, the cubicle dwellers would be in a serious pinch.

One of my former favorite things to watch (South Park), had an episode which plays to this quite well (Smug Alert)

​[video]http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/155202/new-neighbors[/video]

Just replace San Francisco with Germantown TN for our example, and the Progressive-Liberal couples with Conservative couples - and you get the general idea of how the insulated Mempoids see those who possess a high school diploma (and work for a wage).

DontThrowPackages

You are full of crap, and probably placed here by FedEx given that idiotic statement you made. "Low out of pocket expense"? Really. I know several nurses (RNs), and they make excellent money and have great health care. Because they are in demand, 6-figures is common, as are signing bonuses, and flexible scheduling. If you work nights, the shift premium is also substantial. One of the nurses I know works graveyard, and gets a $6 per hour shift differential.

FedEx sucks, FedEx healthcare sucks, and you sir, are a people.[/QUOTE]

So true. I know for a fact RN's make very good money. 6 figures, YES! I recall the first time I became aware of how much they made was at a get together and she drove up in a BMW...paper plates. I asked her friend if she had a rich boyfriend and was told, "Nope, she's a RN. She does very well all by herself". And their insurance is far superior to ours. Don't know where you got the misinformation that ours is better. :confused2:

overflowed

All my friends that are nurses make serious money. Regardless, this post shows what the company thinks of its employees. The fact that they would pay someone to spew this nonsense shows how out of touch they are. While no raises for you. This is truly infuriating.

Ricochet1a

All my friends that are nurses make serious money. Regardless, this post shows what the company thinks of its employees. The fact that they would pay someone to spew this nonsense shows how out of touch they are. While no raises for you. This is truly infuriating.

No, she isn't a paid shill. Fred tests out all of his prospective shills first - this wannabe wouldn't even pass the initial creative writing test.

This was an honest to God representation of what you are up against and what those in Memphis (and the regional offices) REALLY think of the wage employees in the hubs/ramps and in the stations.

One does have to wonder, if a SPOUSE of a FedEx employee comes up with this garbage, what does the actual employee (the one married to the poster) think of the wage employees?

And the wage employees wonder why the 'disconnect' exists... When the wage employees get a bit frustrated with the way things are and they try to explain their situation to their senior manager (or God forbid, Managing Director), they get a reflexive recitation of corporate talking points that is meant to either dazzle with brilliance or baffle them (the wage employee) with bull****.

And the Dial-A-Nurse has read the thousands of pages of healthcare legislation - Oh PLEASE.... All she can read is the script in front of her...

At this point, the reflexive recitation of corporate talking points isn't 'acting' on the part of middle level management when they go into their act - they (senior manager and above) ACTUALLY BELIEVE THE CRAP. All 'reason' has left the building at this point (those capable of reasoning took the buyout and are waiting for their departure date).

This is why you need to make a departure plan and work on implementing it. This is all just the preliminaries to what will happen in the coming months and years. It has been said before, that Express is becoming Wal-Mart on wheels; do you have ANY doubt regarding that assertion at this point in time?

And yes, you should look into HR practices at Wal-Mart - it isn't pretty. The wage employees of Wal-Mart (at least those making less than $15/hr) are treated slightly better than livestock. The semi-drivers are paid quite well though - since they have the threat of unionizing hanging over Wal-Mart and it would be difficult to outsource their jobs without paying even more.

Fred has already outsourced the wage operations of Ground..... he wants to get his wage costs in Express in line with what he is paying for his hired help in Ground.... his corporate management thinks you all (wage employees) need to be mightily thankful for what you got....

A definite trend is developing. It is isn't good for you. Unionizing would be the solution, but (in all honesty), you aren't willing to do that.

So either be thankful like Mrs. Wavy Hands wants you to be, or make a departure plan and work it.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
No, she isn't a paid shill. Fred tests out all of his prospective shills first - this wannabe wouldn't even pass the initial creative writing test.

This was an honest to God representation of what you are up against and what those in Memphis (and the regional offices) REALLY think of the wage employees in the hubs/ramps and in the stations.

One does have to wonder, if a SPOUSE of a FedEx employee comes up with this garbage, what does the actual employee (the one married to the poster) think of the wage employees?

And the wage employees wonder why the 'disconnect' exists... When the wage employees get a bit frustrated with the way things are and they try to explain their situation to their senior manager (or God forbid, Managing Director), they get a reflexive recitation of corporate talking points that is meant to either dazzle with brilliance or baffle them (the wage employee) with bull****.

And the Dial-A-Nurse has read the thousands of pages of healthcare legislation - Oh PLEASE.... All she can read is the script in front of her...

At this point, the reflexive recitation of corporate talking points isn't 'acting' on the part of middle level management when they go into their act - they (senior manager and above) ACTUALLY BELIEVE THE CRAP. All 'reason' has left the building at this point (those capable of reasoning took the buyout and are waiting for their departure date).

This is why you need to make a departure plan and work on implementing it. This is all just the preliminaries to what will happen in the coming months and years. It has been said before, that Express is becoming Wal-Mart on wheels; do you have ANY doubt regarding that assertion at this point in time?

And yes, you should look into HR practices at Wal-Mart - it isn't pretty. The wage employees of Wal-Mart (at least those making less than $15/hr) are treated slightly better than livestock. The semi-drivers are paid quite well though - since they have the threat of unionizing hanging over Wal-Mart and it would be difficult to outsource their jobs without paying even more.

Fred has already outsourced the wage operations of Ground..... he wants to get his wage costs in Express in line with what he is paying for his hired help in Ground.... his corporate management thinks you all (wage employees) need to be mightily thankful for what you got....

A definite trend is developing. It is isn't good for you. Unionizing would be the solution, but (in all honesty), you aren't willing to do that.

So either be thankful like Mrs. Wavy Hands wants you to be, or make a departure plan and work it.

You are right. They really are that stupid. It's simply astounding.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Wow that is quite the difference for a family plan... $1500 to $3500 in one year. And from your public financial releases, your pay/beni costs have gone up less on avg vs the two previous years. Hmmm....

Went to the doctor yesterday for the first time this year. Handed the nurse my new card. Her response, "Wow, your deductible has really gone up from last year. What good is it to have insurance if you can't afford to go to the doctor?" Siggghhhhh....

TUT

Went to the doctor yesterday for the first time this year. Handed the nurse my new card. Her response, "Wow, your deductible has really gone up from last year. What good is it to have insurance if you can't afford to go to the doctor?" Siggghhhhh....

Do you guys have an option of just not taking the insurance at all? You have to think if you can keep your health under $3500, then just pay the Dr. straight and not the monthly + the Dr for the first $3500.

I do know a lot of companies are moving to it, my gut says it is like everything else corporate. They all chat with one another and do the same thing, so while Fedex does follow, this group in full colludes and makes this the new norm and since there is a change.... they have their catalyst and can put blame to that, they love there is this change, it allows them to take NWO up another notch. Sort of like how they complain about Gross Tax (not net) and they point to fat/out of control bankrupt Gov't. It can be argued that Gov't is bankrupt because they only pay Net Tax which is super low and well under the Gov'ts budgeted plans of revenue. All planned by the Corps. Corps bleed Gov't dry, take over, abolish rights. Then when the water is poisoned and people die, they don't have to answer or be liable for it... The End.

whenIgetthere

Do you guys have an option of just not taking the insurance at all? You have to think if you can keep your health under $3500, then just pay the Dr. straight and not the monthly + the Dr for the first $3500.

I do know a lot of companies are moving to it, my gut says it is like everything else corporate. They all chat with one another and do the same thing, so while Fedex does follow, this group in full colludes and makes this the new norm and since there is a change.... they have their catalyst and can put blame to that, they love there is this change, it allows them to take NWO up another notch. Sort of like how they complain about Gross Tax (not net) and they point to fat/out of control bankrupt Gov't. It can be argued that Gov't is bankrupt because they only pay Net Tax which is super low and well under the Gov'ts budgeted plans of revenue. All planned by the Corps. Corps bleed Gov't dry, take over, abolish rights. Then when the water is poisoned and people die, they don't have to answer or be liable for it... The End.

I see that as an option for someone who is single and no kids. Many employees have themselves or spouses/children with pre-existing however, conditions that would make this unlikely. I see fred taking the news where some salaried UPS employees spouses are no longer covered. The seed has been planted in his head and can see them wiping out coverage for spouses who have insurance available at their own jobs.