Help! Am i @ the correct pay rate?

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by UPS98, Nov 1, 2009.

1. StopTheAct

StopTheAct Member

Hello, Fellow Upsers.. This may of been Posted Before... But im New to this Forum..So let me Slide on this one..

Ive Been With UPS Since 8/98
    and Finally Decided to go Driving around 8/07.
    The thing is i Jumped Straight into the Full time position..
    Never air Drove or Cover drove... Stupid Mistake, But i didnt wanna Play the
    bull***T game of.. AM I Going to work/what are they going to have me doing today...
    So i took that Full time job when the Bid sheet went up!!

My current pay rate is $18.90
    and ive been getting the run around on when im going to top out!

is it 24,26 or 30
    Someone told me i was Under the Old contract.. and should be 26....

either way im almost there with the $10+ Jump.. but I want to be on top of things..
    Thanks Guys in advance..:surprised:
  2. JonFrum

JonFrum Member

You fall under the "old" Contract. So you make Top Rate after two-and-a-half years (30 months.)

The "new" Contract, for driver entering the classification after August 1, 2008, requires a three year wait (36 months) to make Top Rate.

Be sure to read Article 41, Section 2, c in both Contracts. Do not read Article 41, Section 2, a.
  3. Theichii

Theichii New Member

I cover drove for the better part of last year OP, and my rate is 24.86 or something like that as a cover driver and it is still the same now that i am full time.I know for a while there was a driver who went from pt sup to full time driver and he was making less than i was for a while till he hit his full progression at top rate. I started full time in january so hopefully i would hit full pay sometime in 2011 when top rate is 30.81
  4. StopTheAct

StopTheAct Member

thanks 30 months...
    sounds correct!

also Where should i be at progression....
    is there another pay jump.. or i go straight to the top @ 30 months?

once again..all is appreciated!!! thanx guys!!
  5. JonFrum

JonFrum Member

UPS98, unless you were "red circled" at a rate higher than the progression rate, you should have been bumped up to the new progression rates on August 1, 2008, and received the semi-annual General Wage Increases from that date foreward.

6. StopTheAct

StopTheAct Member

7. Dookiebrowns

Dookiebrowns Member

When you make full scale your pay rate should be just over $29.00. You will make what every other full scale PC driver makes. Congrats.