Help please....

Camping Nana

Does this mean you get an additional week after 30 years? Ours maxes out at 25 years.

6 weeks vacation, 1 week of optionals, and 1 week sick.

We get 7 weeks vacation after 30 years (45 hours)
1 Option week @ 40 hours
If we combine birthday/day after with the two floaters, they throw in another floater for "Option B" week - 40 hours

So after 30 years, a person could have 9 weeks

Camping Nana

Question everyone- Union and company. This is a real foggy area that no one seems to be able to clarify. Wish I could be more help but its something everyone who retires faces and I know some get it and some don't.

This should be addressed in the next contract - It should be the same for everyone - and it should be CLEARLY in black and white in the contract and/or riders so that everyone knows and there is no question - so that it can't be left up to some young punk in HR or Labor Relations to interpret it!

Dustyroads

I personally know two drivers who retired with 30 or more years in October of the year, and drew their vacation checks for the following year on their last day in the building. I took a photo of one guy flashing seven checks and smiling...

So, I would say there are exceptions to the rule that tieguy cited, in fact, these are the only two retirees I know who were in that situation, having worked enough hours to earn their following year's vacation time prior to their retirement day. And in both cases, they were paid their following year vacations with their last paycheck.

rod

Retired 22 years
I personally know two drivers who retired with 30 or more years in October of the year, and drew their vacation checks for the following year on their last day in the building. I took a photo of one guy flashing seven checks and smiling...

So, I would say there are exceptions to the rule that tieguy cited, in fact, these are the only two retirees I know who were in that situation, having worked enough hours to earn their following year's vacation time prior to their retirement day. And in both cases, they were paid their following year vacations with their last paycheck.

See when I tried that they said normally each year you earn your vacation credit hours from Jan to Dec. BUT in the year you retire they use your actual seniority date to start earning your vaca. This was verified by the Union so I didn't fight it- I just wanted out. It really is someting that should be clarified one way or the other as I too know other drivers that got paid for their next years vaca and their seniority date was about the same as mine as far as the month they started in goes. :angry: Good luck to anyone retiring. I hope you connect with the right people that make sure you get what you have earned.

Camping Nana

Right, the principle. You didn't really mean the leader of the school, did you?

You are so right! PRINCIPLE of the thing! I am totally embarrassed! :sick: This is the sort of thing that normally drives me crazy - kind of like fingernails across a chalkboard...

prinicpal - principle
there - they're - their
to, too
hear - here

etc - etc

I will make no excuses - but my frustration with the whole situation "might" have colored my rational thinking for just a moment. :happy2:

moreluck

golden ticket member
PrinciPAL

PAL is the head of the school and your PAL. That's how I always remember the difference between principle & principal.