Helper Not All That I Thought

Coldworld

60 months and counting
What is considered a good tip? I want to give my helper something next Friday.

I have never tipped a Helper before, but this one has impressed me so much I am going to give him a hundred bucks next Friday. UPS used to give a bonus to a helper if he showed up everyday and worked hard, but none of my management team has heard of anything like that this year. My helper has ran his tail off for two months now for $8.50 an hour, I feel guilty about his low pay. I have been lucky to have a great Preloader the last five years too, she is going to get something also.[/quote]

In my district, helpers were given 100 dollars and drivers or other ups employees were given 300 dollars for EACH helper they were able to find. Dome drivers made an extra 1500 dollars for findind 5 college kids home from school who wanted a few weeks of work.

Griff

296 stops and done at 4:30? Me thinks he has set some new standards for his route without a 3 day ride. I hope he is up to doing that every day because that's what will be expected of him from now on. ( This must be that guy that takes your route when you go on vacation that always burns it so bad that management takes weeks to get off your back about how great he is and what a slug you are). You know that guy- the one that skips his breaks and drives 90 mph through the residential areas .

In the offseason he does 170-195 stops and is normally back in building at 1-2:30PM. Everyone in the office likes to gawk over his numbers every day on those stupid reports. I don't know if he drives fast, but I know for a fact he runs fullspeed (SPRINTS) from the truck to the door and back at every single stop and he does skip lunch + breaks.

He's a 10 or 11 year driver and has been doing this since day 1. I keep wondering when the day is coming where he won't be able to get out of bed in the morning.

air1ups

Just reading through some of the old posting on driver helpers. I can see that UPS is using them the same here as everywhere else. UPS , what a tight ship . They promise the helpers the "world" and give them nothing in the end. I apologize for your bad experiences.