hey FedEx, can you please note on your site about the rental vehicles being used ???

P1 Lates

Re: hey FedEx, can you please note on your site about the rental vehicles being used

Even though I have'nt driven one, those rental vehicles have heat and radio and practically no more than a year old. Who cares abou the logo when you can deliver in style and comfort.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Re: hey FedEx, can you please note on your site about the rental vehicles being used

Even though I have'nt driven one, those rental vehicles have heat and radio and practically no more than a year old. Who cares abou the logo when you can deliver in style and comfort.

It's not the logo they are discussing---it is the DOT placard that is required for all commercial vehicles.

LTFedExer

It's not the logo they are discussing---it is the DOT placard that is required for all commercial vehicles.

The magnet their referring to doesn't have the DOT number, only the FedEx logo. At least, the ones we had down South didn't.

TUT

I'm a customer and I know this. Doesn't matter to me. The truck is making it from A to B and my packages are getting delivered ok.

P1 Lates

What we normally refer to when we talk about rentals are the regular cargo vans that anyone can drive. Not sure if all commercial vehicals require one.

bbsam

Staff member

Rental vehicles already have a DOT #. I don't know if fedex's is required as well. My guess is that it would.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

The Enterprise vehicles that replaced FEC vehicles at outlying stations are quite nice. Extended wheelbase, and everything actually works. Logoed just like a regular FedEx van. These are the preferred ride.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Our Peak rentals all have a magnetic placard that has our DOT number on it.

HomeDelivery

A HD driver was speeding and staying on the left lane for ~6 miles (left lane for passing only) this past summer...

he was given a speeding ticket, but also a commercial ticket with FEX Ground DOT number on it = BIG fine for the driver but even a BIGGER fine for the company! (suspended for at least 3 months from driving a commercial vehicle)
--------------------
on another case, I was driving with a trainee this past peak and it was getting dark. We're in an unmarked Enterprise Rental Van in a nice neighborhood. Those decals on the doors aren't reflective & we soon got 5-0 riding my bumper while i'm driving slowly. I pull over, the cop pulls alongside me & finally sees the decal on the door, along with my uniform & apologized for "tailgating me." I said i was trying to find a house number in this darkness & told him to expect rental vehicles similar to mine's running about until ~8pm by the end of December... <shrugs>

LTFedExer

A HD driver was speeding and staying on the left lane for ~6 miles (left lane for passing only) this past summer...

he was given a speeding ticket, but also a commercial ticket with FEX Ground DOT number on it = BIG fine for the driver but even a BIGGER fine for the company! (suspended for at least 3 months from driving a commercial vehicle)

Finished my 300+ miles for the day in a Enterprise rental one day (7 years ago) and started back to the station on a 2 lane road. Was doing 70 in a 55 as a cop came over the hill in the other direction. Pulled me over and cited me for speeding, but not for not having FedEx placard or DOT number. I did get a letter for going 15 over the speed limit.

SmithBarney

Love our "long-term" rentals, they are decal'd up like regular FedEx vehicles. But they are rented from Budget for long term
since we have no onsite mechanic, budget pays for all the maintenance. We've had most of them for about a year and they are all nearing the end of
their "term" they all have ~40k on them. So the New ones should be showing up soon.

Best Part, Radios, 12v plugs, and no crazy self locking doors.

HomeDelivery

... Was doing 70 in a 55 as a cop came over the hill in the other direction. Pulled me over and cited me for speeding, but not for not having FedEx placard or DOT number. I did get a letter for going 15 over the speed limit.

you won't get a ticket for no FedEx DOT number, in my state that is $-hungry, they'll do a double-tap of fines... one for the driver/worker & a heftier fine for the company!

take a gander at the following pic that a UPSer (scratch) had posted in another thread:

utf-8BSU1BRzAwOTgtMS5qcGc-1.jpg

& behold how much that driver cost the company

:money:now that's a "double tap":money:

I didn't ask that speeder how much $ was for that speeding ticket <shrugs>
utf-8BSU1BRzAwOTgtMS5qcGc-1.jpg

SmithBarney

Yes the new DOT regs are being enforced..