Hilary Clinton

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Bill Clinton being responsible for NAFTA and deregulating wall street via glass steagal which caused the financial crisis should have been enough for you to be smart enough to not support his counterpart in corruption.

And you "should" be smart enough to know that BILL CLINTON wasnt responsible for NAFTA. That bill was agreed to and signed by GEORGE HW BUSH and the president of mexico along with prime minister mulrooney of canada.

Dont be an idiot.

NAFTA..

Bush signs North American trade pact Clinton says he won't renegotiate

TOS.

rickyb

And you "should" be smart enough to know that BILL CLINTON wasnt responsible for NAFTA. That bill was agreed to and signed by GEORGE HW BUSH and the president of mexico along with prime minister mulrooney of canada.

Dont be an idiot.

NAFTA..

Bush signs North American trade pact Clinton says he won't renegotiate

TOS.
not what i heard.

"On January 1, 1994, Clinton signed the North American Free Trade Agreement into law.[86] Throughout his first year in office, Clinton consistently supported ratification of the treaty by the U.S. Senate. Clinton and most of his allies in the Democratic Leadership Committee strongly supported free trade measures..."

"In the U.S., Bush, who had worked to "fast track" the signing prior to the end of his term, ran out of time and had to pass the required ratification and signing of the implementation law to incoming president Bill Clinton."

your article even supports my point. Clinton did nothing to stop it.

NAFTA vs. Democracy

and notice how you didnt even respond to clinton destroying the economy by deregulating wall street.

rickyb

Did you know that Hillary is a former WAL-MART Board of Director?

How does the Teamster Union feel about WAL-MART?

And who are they going to endorse?

Funny stuff there.
yea i knew about hillary being on walmart, you should be asking TOS this lol.

yea many of the unions are corrupt in ways. doesnt mean workers arent still better off being unionized than not. but anyways they were debating this specific point somewhere last year i think it was an episode of ralph nader radio hour.

rickyb

rickyb

baklava

I don’t work at UPS anymore.
ross perot describes capitalism chasing race to the bottom working conditions, and NAFTA which bill clinton signed and supported.

I remember when Hillary was asked if, in retrospect, Ross Perot was right about NAFTA (which of course he was) and Hillary just chuckled like he was some sort of punchline.

Too bad Ross Perot is way too old to run today, I'd absolutely vote for him

rickyb

I remember when Hillary was asked if, in retrospect, Ross Perot was right about NAFTA (which of course he was) and Hillary just chuckled like he was some sort of punchline.

Too bad Ross Perot is way too old to run today, I'd absolutely vote for him
yea its totally unspeakable nowadays, the corporate media hardly mentions the TPP.

check this out. im not familiar with this news org.

Hillary Clinton’s ‘Hard Choices’ Paperback Cuts TPP Mention

"The International Business Times reported that a section of Clinton’s book Hard Choices referencing the former secretary of state’s efforts to persuade nations to join negotiations for the Trans-Pacific Partnership was omitted from the paperback version of the book.

A statement printed on the copyright page noted that roughly 96 pages were cut from the memoir “to accommodate a shorter length for this edition,” according to the Center for Economic and Policy Research, which first noted the omission in May. It made no reference to the nature of the purged content.

The original version of the book included a two-page segment describing a 2009 conference in El Salvador where Clinton pushed nations in the region to join U.S.-led TPP negotiations."

a little bit of -> those who control the past control the future. those who control the present control the past.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
not what i heard.

"On January 1, 1994, Clinton signed the North American Free Trade Agreement into law.[86] Throughout his first year in office, Clinton consistently supported ratification of the treaty by the U.S. Senate. Clinton and most of his allies in the Democratic Leadership Committee strongly supported free trade measures..."

"In the U.S., Bush, who had worked to "fast track" the signing prior to the end of his term, ran out of time and had to pass the required ratification and signing of the implementation law to incoming president Bill Clinton."

your article even supports my point. Clinton did nothing to stop it.

NAFTA vs. Democracy

and notice how you didnt even respond to clinton destroying the economy by deregulating wall street.

It doesnt MATTER what you HEARD. YOU have it wrong. While BUSH1 pushed for NAFTA near the end of his meager 4 year disastrous term in office, he SIGNED the agreement with the two countries and left it on the desk of the incoming president.

He couldnt STOP it, the republicans had a veto overide in their back pocket. He did however, renegotiate some terms, like MEXICAN and CANADIAN trucks having to stop at our borders and transfer goods to USA trucking companies.

BUSH2, through an executive order, ended that part of the agreement, and over the next 8 years, wiped out the LTL trucking industry.

Shows what you know.

TOS.

rickyb

It doesnt MATTER what you HEARD. YOU have it wrong. While BUSH1 pushed for NAFTA near the end of his meager 4 year disastrous term in office, he SIGNED the agreement with the two countries and left it on the desk of the incoming president.

He couldnt STOP it, the republicans had a veto overide in their back pocket. He did however, renegotiate some terms, like MEXICAN and CANADIAN trucks having to stop at our borders and transfer goods to USA trucking companies.

BUSH2, through an executive order, ended that part of the agreement, and over the next 8 years, wiped out the LTL trucking industry.

Shows what you know.

TOS.
i dunnnnnooo TOS...

alot of left wingers have blamed clinton for NAFTA and it even says on wikipedia that he signed it, and in your article he supported it.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
i dunnnnnooo TOS...

alot of left wingers have blamed clinton for NAFTA and it even says on wikipedia that he signed it, and in your article he supported it.

There are PLENTY of stupid people saying alot of things, especially on this board. But NAFTA's history speaks for itself.

TOS.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
i dunnnnnooo TOS...

You have to understand the difference between "supporting it" and not being able to stop it. Clinton won some small concessions from the republicans in congress when it went to final vote, but that was all he had to contribute to it.

We can argue all day , whether or not it was politically correct for Clinton to have gone to the mat and tried to stop it, but in those days, it would have been horrible optics at the time.

The republicans got what they tried to get during Reagans term, but couldnt get the votes to pass. NAFTA started with the reagan republicans, but never made it out of committee.

BUSH 1 NEGOTIATED, SIGNED and PUSHED NAFTA and left it SIGNED on the desk of Bill Clinton.

Thats history. Everything else is just bullcrap.

TOS.

Oh Shoot

uploadfromtaptalk1465696516171.jpg