HIRING PROCESS

So i applied to work for a contractor through fedex ground. I called them the other day they got my background check. Said they are waitin on my mvr. Does this normally mean i got the job or what? Being that my mvr is clear.

overflowed

Very quick you are, dude you'll get the job. Even if you just got out the joint or a mental hospital. I would look elsewhere.

It will be fine

Im gonna give it a shot...but does this mean i g9t the job? And why will i be sorry???
It doesn't mean you have the job. It means your background check cleared. If your MVR is clear they then verify your experience. If that is good you need to be road tested. If you pass that you'll be eligible to be hired. I put guys through the system all the time when I don't have jobs open. If the contractor doesn't have an immediate opening chances are another contractor does and being cleared in the system is a big advantage to getting a job.
It's a hard job, but don't listen to these guys they work at Express and don't really know anything about FedEx Ground.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
I know that they got rid of the HD term, but HD is easier than Ground ops... You drop the box & run for most residential stops, while at ground, you're unloading multiple boxes at a business stop, then looking for someone to sign.

Sure, ground has less stops overall, but its more bulk per stop.

If u like going to businesses more than suburbia homes, go for ground

Ok so i took the drug test and all...and btw im being hired under a contractor...not fedex themselves. So i got the drug test done background and mvr...what r the next steps

STFXG

Ok so i took the drug test and all...and btw im being hired under a contractor...not fedex themselves. So i got the drug test done background and mvr...what r the next steps
To wait for a call. If the contractor is hiring you he will call when your driving experience has been verified. Then you'll go take the road test.

OrioN

Imwaitingfortheday, please elaborate on the differences between ground vs HD... I wanna know. Or it was discussed in the past on here but we millenials want our answers without using the search function #sarcasm

OrioN

If u have a CDL, why are you downgrading yourself to this dead-end job????? Just curious, since I know of a few of them at both ground and HD hubs...

Heck, are you gonna pull those trailers or you'll be driving the smaller straight trucks or stepvans?

It will be fine

Ok i got 10.mnths driving otr..will that stop me from anything i know it said a year...is 2 mnths gonna hurt
Yes 10 months doesn't qualify. You need a full year. If your old boss is cool you can go back in the FedEx system and fix the "mistake" of your start date to give you a full year. They don't do much to verify experience, just make a few phone calls. Or keep doing that job for a few more months and reapply at Ground.

STFXG

It's a pretty simple concept. 1 year of verifiable driving experience. You wasted everyone's time. Including your own.

I Am Jacks Damaged Box

***** Club Member (can't talk about it)
Ground has standards. We don't just hire shlubs straight off the street like express does.

Ib3dEQz.gif