Hoffa campaign in local 177

LeadBelly

Banned
I heard the Hoffa campaign was coming to local 177 last week but they never came....

Maybe they found out that local 177 wasn't supporting the hoffa slate.
From what I'm hearing local 177 will go heavily for Hoffa. That's why flip flop Freddy sent Timmy in there so much. Woof the things that were said to Timmy stopped him from wanting to go in there. Local 177 has a long history of being bad ass with bad ass members and they ain't falling for no guy or guys who can't win their own local elections. They are informed others/members.

Evil

I heard the Hoffa campaign was coming to local 177 last week but they never came....

Maybe they found out that local 177 wasn't supporting the hoffa slate.

You guys got AMs "carve-out." It didn't end up being anywhere near the company plan. We diverted $1.25 out of our pension per hour to pay for an inferior healthcare plan. Not surprising whey you guys won't be voting for H.

From what I'm hearing local 177 will go heavily for Hoffa. That's why flip flop Freddy sent Timmy in there so much. Woof the things that were said to Timmy stopped him from wanting to go in there. Local 177 has a long history of being bad ass with bad ass members and they ain't falling for no guy or guys who can't win their own local elections. They are informed others/members.

Who ever told you this is blowing smoke up your tail. I would bet money that local 177 as a whole are not happy they had to give back money.. There is only so much someone will take before officials start losing there jobs.

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

Who ever told you this is blowing smoke up your tail. I would bet money that local 177 as a whole are not happy they had to give back money.. There is only so much someone will take before officials start losing there jobs.
You have absolutely no clue what you are talking about.....for starters officials just got re elected with a white ballot vote.......second what money did drivers give back......if you went to any meetings and talked to people outside of your fringe one list group you would know everyone is happy our Eboard is fighting for by he members

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

You guys got AMs "carve-out." It didn't end up being anywhere near the company plan. We diverted $1.25 out of our pension per hour to pay for an inferior healthcare plan. Not surprising whey you guys won't be voting for H.
You have no clue about what goes on in your local let alone what's going on in 177.....didn't you fail to get a president nominated in your local......intelligence isn't your strong suit

You have absolutely no clue what you are talking about.....for starters officials just got re elected with a white ballot vote.......second what money did drivers give back......if you went to any meetings and talked to people outside of your fringe one list group you would know everyone is happy our Eboard is fighting for by he members

1) It wasn't a white ballot vote.. The officials ran unopposed..

2) The money the drivers gave back was the $ 1.50 from our contract rasies to raise the pension ( 30 cent a year ).

3) Trust me... I go to meetings and talk to alot of members, in and out side of the best soon to be language (Carry Seniority).

4) A lot of members don't like that a shop stew of 2 years made trustee.. Not business agent... TRUSTEE...

Do you know what you are talking about? I know a lot of people in local 177........ And it doesn't seem like you have a clue about any of the procedures about making changes in the contract.........what was the reaction by the members when this was brought up at the membership meeting.......I heard everyone was against the seniority change......were you at the general membership meeting? Tell me the truth about what happened at that meeting if what I am saying is inaccurate

For someone that is not in local 177 knows alot. I don't think you know anything about this issue. Only what a few weak members of local 177 are telling you. You also don't know as many people in local 177 as I do. You should stick to your own local problems!

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

1) It wasn't a white ballot vote.. The officials ran unopposed..

2) The money the drivers gave back was the $ 1.50 from our contract rasies to raise the pension ( 30 cent a year ).

3) Trust me... I go to meetings and talk to alot of members, in and out side of the best soon to be language (Carry Seniority).

4) A lot of members don't like that a shop stew of 2 years made trustee.. Not business agent... TRUSTEE...

For someone that is not in local 177 knows alot. I don't think you know anything about this issue. Only what a few weak members of local 177 are telling you. You also don't know as many people in local 177 as I do. You should stick to your own local problems!
So you say the members are upset about the 30 cent pension diversion ......why did the members vote for it

Last edited:
@East coast navy 1) It wasn't a white ballot vote.. The officials ran unopposed.. That's a white ballot.

This is on wiki...

A protest vote (also known as a blank vote or white vote) is a vote cast in an election to demonstrate the voter's dissatisfaction with the choice of candidates or refusal of the current political system. In this latter case, protest vote may take the form of a valid vote, but instead of voting for the mainstream candidates, it is a vote in favor of a minority or fringe candidate, either from the far-left, far-right or self-presenting as a candidate foreign to the political system.

Along with abstention, which is simply the act of not voting, it is often considered to be a clear sign of the lack of popular legitimacy and roots of representative democracy, as depressed voter turnout endangers the credibility of the whole voting system. If protest vote takes the form of a blank vote, it may or may not be tallied into final results depending on the rules. Thus, it may either result in a spoilt vote (which is the case most of the time) or, if the electoral systemaccepts to take it into account, as a "None of the Above" vote.

No one knew they were changing the line up. By the time everything happened it was to late... Oh well.. If they wanted to be in office they should have ran against them.

Last edited:
So you say the members are upset about the 30 cent pension diversion ......why did the members vote for it
988 yes and 143 no out of 3500 hundred members...

You are right.... If they didn't want it they should have voted no. I will say the local officials were smart to make it an in person vote. That's why it was such a low vote count. I can't see the members wanting to give up money again but tou never know.

LeadBelly

Banned
This is on wiki...

A protest vote (also known as a blank vote or white vote) is a vote cast in an election to demonstrate the voter's dissatisfaction with the choice of candidates or refusal of the current political system. In this latter case, protest vote may take the form of a valid vote, but instead of voting for the mainstream candidates, it is a vote in favor of a minority or fringe candidate, either from the far-left, far-right or self-presenting as a candidate foreign to the political system.

Along with abstention, which is simply the act of not voting, it is often considered to be a clear sign of the lack of popular legitimacy and roots of representative democracy, as depressed voter turnout endangers the credibility of the whole voting system. If protest vote takes the form of a blank vote, it may or may not be tallied into final results depending on the rules. Thus, it may either result in a spoilt vote (which is the case most of the time) or, if the electoral systemaccepts to take it into account, as a "None of the Above" vote.

No one knew they were changing the line up. By the time everything happened it was to late... Oh well.. If they wanted to be in office they should have ran against them.
If no one runs against the incumbent it's a white ballot. I hope this clears things up for you.

Brown Spider

This is on wiki...

In the case of union elections...specifically Teamster Union elections...an election of local union officers who are running unopposed is considered a white ballot. No actual ballots are cast. They are elected by virtue of not having any opposition.
They would normally be declared the winners at the end of the nomination meeting by whoever is conducting that meeting.

LeadBelly

Banned
This is on wiki...

Sometimes the use of Wikipedia shows how much you really have to learn. Nice try.

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

988 yes and 143 no out of 3500 hundred members...

You are right.... If they didn't want it they should have voted no. I will say the local officials were smart to make it an in person vote. That's why it was such a low vote count. I can't see the members wanting to give up money again but tou never know.
So your wrong about what the members wanted about the 30 cent diversion......your wrong about members wanting the officials gone.....wrong about the majority of members wanting one list.......so again I'll say it to you.....your small group of conspiracy theorists don't have a pulse on what the majority of members in 177 want

ManInBrown

Spot on. I am in the 177

In the case of union elections...specifically Teamster Union elections...an election of local union officers who are running unopposed is considered a white ballot. No actual ballots are cast. They are elected by virtue of not having any opposition.
They would normally be declared the winners at the end of the nomination meeting by whoever is conducting that meeting.

Sometimes the use of Wikipedia shows how much you really have to learn. Nice try.

So your wrong about what the members wanted about the 30 cent diversion......your wrong about members wanting the officials gone.....wrong about the majority of members wanting one list.......so again I'll say it to you.....your small group of conspiracy theorists don't have a pulse on what the majority of members in 177 want

I know what you are saying... My point is no one had any idea they were changing ranks. If you are an elected official and wanted your members to get to know the new elected officials, you have them meet the members. Shaking hands and kissing babys.. Unless you want to sweep it under the rug.. That's what they did. They swept it under the rug. Which makes it not a true white ballot vote because the members knew nothing.

And to you brown... Even know I agreed with the 30 cent deal and voted yes to and also like and vote for the old and new guard of local 177. But the 30 cents for your pension raise is a give back.. No matter how you cut it.. It's a give back. Now, let me tell you about members with the local officials and this is told to me by alot of members, some that will run against them.. If they negotiate another contract with give backs, I promise you someone will run them out.. I don't like it but that's how it works in politics. Once again you are not in my local so you can only know so much..

I'll fill you in with the low down in local 177.. Just come to me.