Hours Required for Vacation pay?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Hammey, Apr 2, 2013.

1. Hammey

Hammey New Member

So I recently hit my 1 year mark with UPS March 4th. I took vacation time last week and wasn't payed for it. So I contacted my supervisor and after 2-3 days he said that although I've been there a year I have no accumulated enough hours to get the vacation pay. My checks state that I have 25 hours still on the bottom of it. Anyone know how many hours it takes before you can actually get the vacation pay :sad-very:?
  2. saintrick

saintrick Member

That is a standard supervisor answer. Do you know what supplement you are under? With a 3/4 date I would think you would qualify for a week. If your check shows you with vacation time then you have it. Did you schedule a vacation when the list was posted last year?
  3. Funfact

Funfact Well-Known Member

You should contact your HR person and talk to your shop steward... They will be able to help you....
  4. Hammey

Hammey New Member

Yeah I posted for the time before my 1 year ( at the end of last year), for the actual vacation to be after the 1 year. Paycheck has been showing that I have 20 available hours for vacation. Ill be sure to contact my HR, thanks.
  5. OptimusPrime

OptimusPrime Active Member

Most sups are decent people, not trying to eff people over, but like others said, contact HR, steward, etc. When I went FT driving, my management team told me I had to go back to the starting rate a new driver makes, because basically "that's the breaks, and it's part of being a rookie". If I had taken their word on it, I would have taken a $4 an hour paycut to what my building rate was. Would have been a decent chunk of cheese over the course of a year.