How are you keeping warm out there?

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
I shift as well and the only place on my body that was cold was my feet. An audit clerk gave me those little hotties warmers for feet and they worked quite well. They stick to the bottom of your sock and are shaped like your toes so they don't move around inside the boot. They are warm, but not hot enough to make your feet sweat...I was impressed.....and warmer!
I got those for Christmas, but really don't need them at night on my air route. I ended up giving a set to a security guard at the airport. He also said they worked well

User Name

Only 230 Today?? lol
It doesn't matter what you wear,being out in below zero weather 10 hours drains you.
I'm still shivering a bit and it's after 11pm.
Today I had 1 sleeveless,1 short sleeve,3 long sleeve,a ups shirt,
a light ups coat and a vest.
4 long sleeve t-shirts tomorrow .
Brrrrrrrrrr

Technology in the clothing is outstanding. You need to try under armour base layer 3.0 for extreme cold. Yes, they are expensive 70.00 for top and 70.00 for bottom, but you will find out that this stuff is amazing. I have the 2.0 which is medium weight. I wear no cotton, all under armour. It was 1 when I went to work yesterday and I wore my under armour cold gear with an under armour zip up long sleeve, with the long sleeve shirt and vest. Finally on the feet, a pair of smart wool socks with Danner uninsulated boots. If you are willing to spend the money I guarantee that you will be warmer.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
We do not get very cold here, but this morning 14 degrees, three layers under armour cold gear shirts, a vest (cannot stand wering a coat) and steel toe boot socks ( 1 pair) only thing cold on me today were my fingers even with gloves on
HaaaH 14 degrees !!! That's still swimmin Weather up here in N.E !!!

J

jibbs

HaaaH 14 degrees !!! That's still swimmin Weather up here in N.E !!!

In Southern Maryland 14 degrees and a little bit of snow is cancel-everything weather, with a dash of run-to-the-grocery-store-and-buy-everything-before-someone-else-can mania.

I don't mind the weather, it's the mania that irritates me. I know Western Maryland is pretty much the polar opposite, though.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
In Southern Maryland 14 degrees and a little bit of snow is cancel-everything weather, with a dash of run-to-the-grocery-store-and-buy-everything-before-someone-else-can mania.

I don't mind the weather, it's the mania that irritates me. I know Western Maryland is pretty much the polar opposite, though.
Virginia's even worse, 1/2 inch in Fairfax county and schools are 2 hours late, Prince William and Fauquier schools are closed because they got a whole inch. Also you guys do a much better job of plowing, it's obvious just driving on the beltway when you cross the state line.

J

jibbs

Virginia's even worse, 1/2 inch in Fairfax county and schools are 2 hours late, Prince William and Fauquier schools are closed because they got a whole inch. Also you guys do a much better job of plowing, it's obvious just driving on the beltway when you cross the state line.

There's too much traffic through here for them to neglect it. If the part of 301 I live off of isn't drivable, a large portion of DC employees (and a slightly smaller number of VA employees for those heading the opposite direction) aren't going to be making it to work on time or at all that day.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

This says it all....
image.jpg

packageguy

Please forgive me if this has already been discussed, or if I am posting this in the wrong place! My husband has a combo job and shifts trailers for the first half of his day - at 3am. The temp this morning was zero and his feet are frozen, I worry about him dealing with potential frostbite. Do any of you have experience with battery socks? Or any other kind of super warm socks? I would love to hear your suggestions so I can help my hubby stay warm out there on the lot. He wears super thick wigwam socks but it's not enough. I searched several sporting good stores online, and amazon and those battery socks got terrible reviews.

Help! Thank you :happy-very:

​I put the heat on....lol

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Under Armor underneath and thermals over, then regular cloths.

One pair of athletic, moisture wicking, ankle-height socks, and one regular pair of socks over them.

A hat.

That's about it, always warm and toasty, even in last nights -10F here. :)

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
It doesn't matter what you wear,being out in below zero weather 10 hours drains you.
I'm still shivering a bit and it's after 11pm.
Today I had 1 sleeveless,1 short sleeve,3 long sleeve,a ups shirt,
a light ups coat and a vest.
4 long sleeve t-shirts tomorrow .
Brrrrrrrrrr

Sounds like u were probably sweating under that all and that's what made u so cold. Like someone else said check out under armor cold gear. My guess is sleeveless t then cold gear then the ups winter coat and most should be plenty warm up to prob -25 to -35. Depending on the wind.

T

talkingtalking01

Under Armor underneath and thermals over, then regular cloths.

One pair of athletic, moisture wicking, ankle-height socks, and one regular pair of socks over them.

A hat.

That's about it, always warm and toasty, even in last nights -10F here. :)

My bf wears the same thing. I also got him under Under Armor gloves to keep his hands warm. They have a rubbery palm for gripping and stretchy cloth on the outside. He says it keeps his hands warm. I talked to a FedEx woman asking where she got her gloves from and she said FedEx provides them with gloves. What is up with that?? Wish UPS did that.