How Far Will Bleeding Purple Really Get YOU In This Company These Days ?

Goldilocks

Did I hear someone say "Portable Pension Plan" ? I hope I can say this here: LMFAO ! You'd be better off opening yourself (and your spouse, if you have one) a Roth IRA and invest in the mutual funds of you choice. Portable ? OMG !! Were you around when a Traditional Pension existed ?

Like I said before, I know its not great but its something. Yes I agree that everyone should seek out their own retirement investments. Yes, been with Fedex since 85....

thedownhillEXPRESS

Fedex offers us to participate in a 401k plan to save money. Fedex also offers us a Retirement Portable Pension Plan. May not be great but better than most.

Oh yeah, I forgot.
That great plan that will be worth a fraction of what they took away in the traditional pension plan.
if you only plan on living a year or two in retirement I suppose it would equal out to the traditional payout..

thedownhillEXPRESS

I do understand. But like I have said, most companies do not offer any kind of retirement.

And that's why I will say again we have lost so much because of the last few decades war on unions.
people are waking up and getting angry, the tide will turn, and that's why I'll continue to talk about it rather then bury my head up managements butt and accept my beating...

vantexan

I do understand. But like I have said, most companies do not offer any kind of retirement.

Let's not talk most companies, just Fortune 500 companies. Most that terminated their traditional pension replaced it with a cash balance plan, which is what our Portable Pension Plan is. Most also offer a 401k and most have a better 401k match than FedEx. And some still offer a traditional pension. FedEx could be more generous with both plans, they choose not to. I'll be living overseas with my little pension. It's the only way it'll ever amount to anything.

franknitty

Fedex offers us to participate in a 401k plan to save money. Fedex also offers us a Retirement Portable Pension Plan. May not be great but better than most.

You seem to be very knowledgeable about FedEx benefits, so I was wondering if you can answer a questions or two for me: Who's idea was it tax employees that carry more than $50,000 of Life Insurance that the company offers as a benefit ? a) FedEx b) the life insurance company c) the government d) all of thee above ?

Glorifiedpackmule

I love the customers, hate the management with a passion. That doesn't stop me from delivering the services my customers pay for.

A'men. I too treat my customers with a he** of a lot more respect than the company we work for shows me. I try not to let my dissatisfaction with FedEx show to my customers.

Billy_Baconhead

Well lets see, this job puts food on our tables and a roof over our heads. You should be THANKFUL. Be Thankful for a Job that has consistantly PAID YOU WEEKLY, given you HEALTH BENIFITS, 401K PLAN, RETIREMENT(Most Companies do not offer this) PAID VACATION. Need I say more? I am PROUD to be a part of the FEDEX TEAM.

Words from the management team! Please do a simple search on companies that still offer a retirement. You will find out there are still a decent amount of companies that offer a retirement. Fedex not being one of them. Paid vacation? Seriously? Are you referring to people who work in the fast food industry? The more I read your nonsense the more I come to the conclusion your education level isn't past 9 grade. With that said I now understand why you bleed purple! What other options do you really have? Cashier at wal-mart? (btw Fred and the Walton family are close buds! You may actually enjoy this job as both dislike the big bad unions!!!)

Did you ever ponder how much money the corporation makes off us? We should be thankful? Lady you and your dope husband are the same people I see at my station on a daily basis. Absolutely clueless as to what's going on!

PS- If you want to "sound" intelligent please at least spell check

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I don't work at FedEx but it is well known within UPS that FedEx Purple is operating on a very thin margin. Good margins in FedEx ground.

It is the opposite at UPS where the margin on Ground is very thin. Good margins in Air and International.

It appears that the natural progression is that UPS product mix will become more like FedEx is today and
FedEx product mix will become more like UPS is today.