How long have you been on your current route?

musicman

How long have you been on your current route and would you switch if another route came open that was considered easier. I'm 11 1/2 years on my current route in the town that I grew up in. Taking lunch at Mom's house and my customers would make it a tough decision to get off of it.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
How long have you been on your current route and would you switch if another route came open that was considered easier. I'm 11 1/2 years on my current route in the town that I grew up in. Taking lunch at Mom's house and my customers would make it a tough decision to get off of it.

​6 months. Spent 20 years on the route before that. Don't miss anything about it.

Cementups

Box Monkey
2.5 years and not by choice. I was on my last route for 7 years we had a guy get antsy and decide he wanted to see if the grass was greener. I know it was a long shot but I was really hoping to retire on that route. I'd quite possibly consider taking it back if the chance came up. Even when I go back and visit some old customers they ask when I'm coming back. I know I'm missed greatly there and I also know that the driver there now does provide anywhere near the customer service I do. Most drivers don't

2.5 years and not by choice. I was on my last route for 7 years we had a guy get antsy and decide he wanted to see if the grass was greener. I know it was a long shot but I was really hoping to retire on that route. I'd quite possibly consider taking it back if the chance came up. Even when I go back and visit some old customers they ask when I'm coming back. I know I'm missed greatly there and I also know that the driver there now does provide anywhere near the customer service I do. Most drivers don't
What kind of SERVICE do you provide??? Maybe the rest of US ...wont do that kind of thing!!!LOL

Buck Fifty

Pat,pat,pat.....:wink2:

We just bid this year, so It'll be the 5th and 6th year. Next time we bid, it will be a 3 year stint. Not sure how I feel about this new rule. I do deliver my old stomping grounds and can eat lunch with my wife everyday.

Last edited by a moderator:

browniehound

About 4 years. Would switch if something better became available. If not, I can live with this one until retirement. However, I do get bored with the same route after a while. Its the biggest hang-up I have about the driving job-it gets dull doing the same stops day after day.

I've entertained the thought of bidding cover next bid. Then, each week learn a different route until I know every one in the center. I probably would never do it but I think about it sometimes. I liked being a cover driver, so maybe someday I'll try it to break up the monotony?