How long have you been on your current route?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by musicman, Jul 11, 2013.

1. musicman

musicman New Member

How long have you been on your current route and would you switch if another route came open that was considered easier. I'm 11 1/2 years on my current route in the town that I grew up in. Taking lunch at Mom's house and my customers would make it a tough decision to get off of it.
  2. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

​6 months. Spent 20 years on the route before that. Don't miss anything about it.
  3. ikoi62

ikoi62 Member

22 years same route took a clerk job and never looked back.
  4. Richard Harrow

Richard Harrow Would you pay a dime to see this?

10 months & 17 days today.
  5. 1080Driver

1080Driver Member

It'll be 20 years for me in November
  6. brownboxman

brownboxman Active Member

7 years with 3 weeks till retirement
  7. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

2.5 years and not by choice. I was on my last route for 7 years we had a guy get antsy and decide he wanted to see if the grass was greener. I know it was a long shot but I was really hoping to retire on that route. I'd quite possibly consider taking it back if the chance came up. Even when I go back and visit some old customers they ask when I'm coming back. I know I'm missed greatly there and I also know that the driver there now does provide anywhere near the customer service I do. Most drivers don't
  8. gman042

gman042 Been around the block a few times

12 years, never had my own route. I have a lot of area knowledge, though.
  9. What kind of SERVICE do you provide??? Maybe the rest of US ...wont do that kind of thing!!!LOL
  10. Buck Fifty

Buck Fifty New Member

We just bid this year, so It'll be the 5th and 6th year. Next time we bid, it will be a 3 year stint. Not sure how I feel about this new rule. I do deliver my old stomping grounds and can eat lunch with my wife everyday.
    Lasted edited by : Jul 11, 2013
  11. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

Not quite three months and it's great!!:wink2:
  12. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 mouth breathers...everywhere

13. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

Any time you run the same route every day (any route) its better than miscellaneous and a different route every day.
  14. browniehound

browniehound Well-Known Member

About 4 years. Would switch if something better became available. If not, I can live with this one until retirement. However, I do get bored with the same route after a while. Its the biggest hang-up I have about the driving job-it gets dull doing the same stops day after day.

I've entertained the thought of bidding cover next bid. Then, each week learn a different route until I know every one in the center. I probably would never do it but I think about it sometimes. I liked being a cover driver, so maybe someday I'll try it to break up the monotony?