How Many Late Airs did you have Sat. before mothers day?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by capt. kirk, May 8, 2011.

1. Somepeoplecallmethestig

Somepeoplecallmethestig Are you not amused?

Was asked to work yesterday, day before mothers day.

Came in firgured I would get 4 hours of OT. LOL

Was sent out with 77 stops had 34 late airs and worked almost 7 hours.

Now I know UPS mgmt. is much smarter then I am, since I would have brought in more drivers.

But with all the computers that tell them how much is coming how does a building have over 150 late airs on mothers day. I mean UPS is aware that mothers day is coming, right?

I am really starting to wonder if UPS wants customers to ship with FEDEX, or is FEDEX just as bad at this? I am so sick about hearing about SORPH and no one seeming to care at all about customer serivce.

Hope all the mom's out there have a great day.
  2. Sleeve_meet_Heart

Sleeve_meet_Heart making the unreadable unreadabler

We in the same building? lol

I was sent out with almost 60 stops but 28 were time committed. Delivered 12, at 12:45 Had to give away half of what was left, still had one late. However other drivers were worse off and did not get help.

It was not a very efficient day...covering an area that 15 routes normally cover and not having time to del flowers with the 1;30 commits. I worked 7 hours on the dot.

It is a setup-to-fail type holiday, by design.
  3. ups2000

ups2000 Member

I got a call at 830 on sat by on car sup. Told me they need help b/c they are slammed. Not surprised we dont plan accordindly here either. To bad i had plans already would have been some easy money.
  4. BrownArmy

BrownArmy Well-Known Member

I didn't have any late air, but worked for 5.25 hours, drove 70 miles through three towns, for a whopping 35 stops.

For a company that prides themselves on technology, efficiency, and organization, why are days like this such a s#$tshow?
  5. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

One of our drivers claims he clocked out at 9:30. All our cover drivers were told to come in, although I know not all of them did. It was a disaster last year in my Center too, as I remember.
  6. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

None but I polished twelve beers.
  7. soberups

soberups Pees in the brown Koolaid

Self-inflicted service failures; yet another example of the institutionalized stupidity that permeates our company. Wishful thinking and denial are not dispatch tools.
  8. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

Git er done with the least amount of people possible. That's logistics
  9. DorkHead

DorkHead Active Member

0 late air
    0 missed
    18 holes of golf
  10. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

Any beers??
  11. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

It is much harder to plan for reduced levels of dispatch from a regular Mon-Fri dispatch or a normal Saturday dispatch.
    Glad I don't have to figure it out.
    The customer pays a premium for Saturday delivery and this helps offset the inefficiencies on a day like yesterday.
    Thanks to everybody that made yesterday come off!
  12. Somepeoplecallmethestig

Somepeoplecallmethestig Are you not amused?

I had to work Sat this week, last week I had 4 Pro V1's that tried to swim and failed.
  13. DorkHead

DorkHead Active Member

Of course, 19th hole
  14. Re-Raise

Re-Raise Well-Known Member

Ouch. I play them too $$ . I hope you pulled out some old ones for the water holes.
  15. packageguy

packageguy Well-Known Member

50 stops, none late
  16. Bubblehead

Bubblehead My Senior Picture

I (try) play them also.
    Definitely the best ball, which is price reflective.
    The new Taylor Made Pentas are close.
  17. DorkHead

DorkHead Active Member

Never played the Pentas. Heard alot of good things about them.
  18. hurricanegunner

hurricanegunner UPSPoop

I had two Callaway Warbirds that took a bath. Slightly less expensive than the Pro V 1 or Pro V 1x. Doesn't hurt quite as much to see them take a bath.
  19. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

Saw a UPS truck on the way to church this morn. 2 guys in the cab. Must have got a late Mothers Day pkg come in.
  20. Re-Raise

Re-Raise Well-Known Member

And what does this have to do with golf balls? Stay on point please.