How many of you still have vacations left for the year?

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
According to our stewards, vacations are still honored even if there's a strike or you are laid off. We've got quite a few drivers on vacation during "strike week" and they've just gotten their vacation checks deposited. Several are already scheduled to be out of country that week.

Its_a_me

According to our stewards, vacations are still honored even if there's a strike or you are laid off. We've got quite a few drivers on vacation during "strike week" and they've just gotten their vacation checks deposited. Several are already scheduled to be out of country that week.
No one has gotten a vacation deposited YET. UPS pays 2 weeks ahead of the vacation. That means Friday morning is the first deposit for strike week. I can tell you they have already deducted it from Time Off Viewer though.

They have to honor it because otherwise it makes a mockery of their Nov/Dec deadlines to submit it for the next year. What good is a request due in late Nov if you won't honor it 9 months later. Particularly the 1st week in Aug as July 31 is that Monday (and still part of the expiring CBA) and starts the actual vacation time (for the non-Sunday guys).

I have been on the end of a vacation that was pulled back approx 2 months in advance as a Supervisor couldn't work an Excel sheet to add a column and granted more than the contract allowed. Even with months to straighten it around, they couldn't get the vacation check stopped in time (months in advance) and couldn't get me health care coverage without giving me a free 1 min punch for the re-scheduled vacation week I was allowed to choose.

What our steward said was that we could double dip (strike pay and vacation pay) and if we were out of the state and could prove it the picket line attendance would be waived.