How Nervous does your senior look now that GPS is activated?

It will be fine

You would think so but we lost quite a few drivers when we got GPS.
I have gps tracking on my fleet. It's been used to the driver's benefit more than harm. I've had disputed deliveries and pickups that are easily cleared up when I can pull up the log showing my truck at the location at the scan time.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Why would anyone be nervous? If they falsified before they activated the gps obviously now they know they shouldn't, so they no longer will.

So what would make them nervous

Two things. One is that they have an unexplained abrupt change in their productivity that coincides with the announcement of the activation. The other is the revelation that it was activated in this area a few days before employees were told.

That's why they would be nervous.

Purplepackage

Two things. One is that they have an unexplained abrupt change in their productivity that coincides with the announcement of the activation. The other is the revelation that it was activated in this area a few days before employees were told.

Yeah I don't really see your point, an "abrupt change in productivity" ok? So maybe that courier just decided to slow down, maybe that courier is just feeling a little sluggish. I don't see that as anything to be worried about

Besides that according to Fedex only engineers have accesses to this data which generally means very little

Purplepackage

And the more I think about it, my productivity abruptly changes almost every day of the week, does that mean I falsify?

I run a different route almost everyday one day I'll 80% next day I'll 105% just depends really so that's a pretty invalid point

MAKAVELI

You have already proven management's inability to discipline couriers for a drop in production. GPS doesn't change that.;)

Star B

White Lightening
And the more I think about it, my productivity abruptly changes almost every day of the week, does that mean I falsify?
You're a swing... right? they expect swings in productivity.

They are looking for the guy that has 20 years, 40 stops and 100 miles and always gets done in 10 hours. Not the swing that gets thrown to the wolves every day and does his best.

I mean.. my numbers go from 105 to 125 (ROADS was drunk and put all the stops in a really, REALLY dumb order) to 92% one day because they gave me a pup an hour away when I was done with my route so my productivity sank because i had to go run that one as a standalone.

59 Dano

Yeah I don't really see your point, an "abrupt change in productivity" ok? So maybe that courier just decided to slow down, maybe that courier is just feeling a little sluggish.

And the dog ate his homework.

Besides that according to Fedex only engineers have accesses to this data which generally means very little

That would come as a great surprise to those who have already requested and received data about certain people.

59 Dano

I run a different route almost everyday one day I'll 80% next day I'll 105% just depends really so that's a pretty invalid point

Your willingness to go out on a limb with such certainty about something you don't know a thing about is admirable. Funny, but admirable.

vantexan

You're a swing... right? they expect swings in productivity.

They are looking for the guy that has 20 years, 40 stops and 100 miles and always gets done in 10 hours. Not the swing that gets thrown to the wolves every day and does his best.

I mean.. my numbers go from 105 to 125 (ROADS was drunk and put all the stops in a really, REALLY dumb order) to 92% one day because they gave me a pup an hour away when I was done with my route so my productivity sank because i had to go run that one as a standalone.
OK, if a guy does 40 stops over 100 miles in 10 hours routinely then why isn't the mgr fired? Most couriers are much more responsible than that but the ones who get away with those numbers are usually the mgr's buddies. They don't need GPS to know that's going on so why aren't the mgrs getting the axe?