How was your Peak?

Rate your Peak! (10 would be the best)

• Total voters

stepitup

Our center received a new center manager and two driver supes in mid October. We were all concerned about how peak would run. It's refreshing to work with people who know what they're doing. No flying by the seat of our pants, there was a plan in place and it worked.
If the preload was wrapped....we could go. On Mondays our start time was 8:30, one Monday it was 8:15. What a difference those minutes make in the grand scheme of things.
My one and only gripe is that the dispatcher we have is from the era of our previous center team, a team that was temporarily terminated for number fudging and not reporting accidents. He still shows favoritism towards a certain driver, and he has those that he will over dispatch "because he can". It's unfortunate.
It was nice to run what used to be "my route".

willis

wow cant believe a poll is even needed shocked anyone can rate it higher than 1. im new here and don't want to start out all negative but other than the extra money and rare snowless winter i found nothing positive about peak and never have, used to enjoy the holidays now being a ups employee has ruined that for me. where should i start, unreasonably heavy loads unfamiliar area? or how about the fact that 90 per cent of helpers are next to useless. first helper was a 38n year old star trekie who dressed as some kind of storm trooper and went to conventions and actually brought an umbrella the first night since it was raining, and could not understand when i explained to him he could not use it. second helper was close to normal other than the fact that he was slow as hell and had probably never done physical work before i could go on and on but dont want to bore anyone.