"I Can Do It With My Eyes Closed"

Big Babooba

Try this with your eyes shut: Turn ignition off, set parking brake while removing key, unfasten seat belt, get up, insert key in lock and open the bulkhead door. I actually did it today! Repetitive tasks have turned me into a machine! Scary, isn't it?

Tomorrow's experiment: I'm going to drive to my first stop........with my eyes closed! Wish me luck!

Signature Only

Blue in Brown
Try this with your eyes shut: Turn ignition off, set parking brake while removing key, unfasten seat belt, get up, insert key in lock and open the bulkhead door. I actually did it today! Repetitive tasks have turned me into a machine! Scary, isn't it?

Tomorrow's experiment: I'm going to drive to my first stop........with my eyes closed! Wish me luck!
Reminds me of a passage from the book "Phantom Over Vietnam" , where an F4 pilot makes a bomb run with his eyes closed...The bombs landed right on target.

SWORDFISH

Try sheeting all your stops w/ out ever looking at the board while sheeting.

satellitedriver

Hell, I do that in my dreams.
It is the unending nightmare of the pkg car that will not empty.

:happy-very::happy-very::happy-very:
There is a reason I have a callous on my right thumb.
Key being the key.
I can just see Big Babooba driving wearing an Arlene Dahl eye mask.:peaceful:

Old International

Now driving a Sterling
Try this with your eyes shut: Turn ignition off, set parking brake while removing key, unfasten seat belt, get up, insert key in lock and open the bulkhead door.
Hell, thats nothing. Not only can I do all that, I can hit 10 gears without grinding, ALL the switches on the dashboard(10) operate the climate control knobs(3) with multiple postions, work the IVIS, and drive 75 miles while sleeping........

Make sure you observe the ten keys to driving safely with your eyes closed.

satellitedriver

Try this with your eyes shut: Turn ignition off, set parking brake while removing key, unfasten seat belt, get up, insert key in lock and open the bulkhead door.
Hell, thats nothing. Not only can I do all that, I can hit 10 gears without grinding, ALL the switches on the dashboard(10) operate the climate control knobs(3) with multiple postions, work the IVIS, and drive 75 miles while sleeping........

Another good reason not to drive on I-20, when Old International is not on vacation.:happy-very:

:peaceful:, peace bro, I know you can do your job with one eye closed.

whiskey

I've noticed that ability years ago. With me it's a dance step. My partner being the package car. It's all done in one motion, beautifully synchronized with the rocking of the truck. And it is lightning fast. During an OJS, the music abruptly stops. And I'm frozen like a stature, key in hand, pivot foot wearing out the diamond plate, while my boss wrestles with his seat belt. Oh well.

Leftinbuilding

I would habitually pull the keys with my right hand, and flip them behind my back to my left hand as I turned to the BH door. Rarely missed.

satellitedriver

I've noticed that ability years ago. With me it's a dance step. My partner being the package car. It's all done in one motion, beautifully synchronized with the rocking of the truck. And it is lightning fast. During an OJS, the music abruptly stops. And I'm frozen like a stature, key in hand, pivot foot wearing out the diamond plate, while my boss wrestles with his seat belt. Oh well.
Most drivers can relate.

When the IE time study nerd could not unfasten his seat belt, I had the pleasure to tell him to hurry up because I did not have all day.

SWORDFISH

How did todays experiment go?

bbsam

Staff member
You may as well do it with your eyes closed. Gonna go blind doing it so you may as well get used to it.

UPSF Peeon

driving an old international is a accomplishment in itself

those things are JUNK