"I Can Do It With My Eyes Closed"

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Big Babooba, May 24, 2010.

1. Big Babooba

Big Babooba Well-Known Member

Try this with your eyes shut: Turn ignition off, set parking brake while removing key, unfasten seat belt, get up, insert key in lock and open the bulkhead door. I actually did it today! Repetitive tasks have turned me into a machine! Scary, isn't it?

Tomorrow's experiment: I'm going to drive to my first stop........with my eyes closed! Wish me luck!
  2. bumped

bumped Well-Known Member

I don't have any keys. I just have keyless entry and push button start.
  3. klein

klein Für Meno :)

Don't forget to check your mirrows every 6-8 seconds !
  4. Signature Only

Signature Only Blue in Brown

Reminds me of a passage from the book "Phantom Over Vietnam" , where an F4 pilot makes a bomb run with his eyes closed...The bombs landed right on target.

SWORDFISH New Member

Try sheeting all your stops w/ out ever looking at the board while sheeting.
  6. satellitedriver

satellitedriver Moderator Staff Member

Hell, I do that in my dreams.
    It is the unending nightmare of the pkg car that will not empty.

There is a reason I have a callous on my right thumb.
    Key being the key.
    I can just see Big Babooba driving wearing an Arlene Dahl eye mask.:peaceful:

7. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

I'm really good at closing my eyes and sleeping.
  8. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

My truck drives itself. I find myself turning into stops I don't have that day out of habit.
  9. Old International

Old International Now driving a Sterling

10. hurricanegunner

hurricanegunner UPSPoop

Make sure you observe the ten keys to driving safely with your eyes closed.
  11. satellitedriver

12. whiskey

whiskey New Member

I've noticed that ability years ago. With me it's a dance step. My partner being the package car. It's all done in one motion, beautifully synchronized with the rocking of the truck. And it is lightning fast. During an OJS, the music abruptly stops. And I'm frozen like a stature, key in hand, pivot foot wearing out the diamond plate, while my boss wrestles with his seat belt. Oh well.
  13. Leftinbuilding

Leftinbuilding Active Member

I would habitually pull the keys with my right hand, and flip them behind my back to my left hand as I turned to the BH door. Rarely missed.
  14. satellitedriver

Most drivers can relate.

When the IE time study nerd could not unfasten his seat belt, I had the pleasure to tell him to hurry up because I did not have all day.

SWORDFISH New Member

How did todays experiment go?
  16. Raw

Raw Raw Member

That`s just weird!!!:surprised:
  17. bbsam

bbsam Moderator Staff Member

You may as well do it with your eyes closed. Gonna go blind doing it so you may as well get used to it.
  18. UPSF Peeon

UPSF Peeon New Member

19. dilligaf

dilligaf IN VINO VERITAS

It's the tiny little pleasures in life that make it so worthwhile. :happy-very:
  20. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

I also fling the DIAD between hands without looking. Rarely does it bounce off of the pavement.