I got into my first fender bender with a parked car, whats to follow?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
What accident? Guy says courier hit his trailer, but there's no damage to either the trailer or truck. Courier says he didn't and that he understands that the guy thinks he did, as he was really close to it, but no, didn't happen.
If it was me, I would’ve called it in whether I hit it or not and given my manager a heads up in case the guy called in. The whole time at FedEx I’ve always given managers a heads up because I know customers lie. CYA.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Not sure. I won't start drawing my Pensions for 4 or 5 years. While you struggle, I am letting my pensions grow by 10% and 4% annually.
That’s because you haven’t even retired yet. I’ll bet your old lady won’t let you.

So have fun struggling with all that freight.

falcon back

That’s because you haven’t even retired yet. I’ll bet your old lady won’t let you.

So have fun struggling with all that freight.
I am struggling. My golf game is getting worse and worse. I play 3 times a week and I am not any better than I was a few years ago. When this summer heat dies down it will be time to fish 3 days a week.

NC man

Years ago I had a lady claim I hit her garage door, out in the country ,long driveway and room to turn around at the house. Never got close to it and more amazing her garage was open and I walked in and left pkg in garage.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
If it was me, I would’ve called it in whether I hit it or not and given my manager a heads up in case the guy called in. The whole time at FedEx I’ve always given managers a heads up because I know customers lie. CYA.
If a customer wants to call in in this scenario, let him. If I'm in the courier's shoes, it's the customer's word against mine. Absent any damage the customer's word doesn't mean squat. He might as well say I hit the thing at 100 MPH.

falcon back

With your logic, backing up against a dock is striking a fixed object. It's an event and you should contact management.

Brilliant.
If you knew how to drive, you use your backing camera to back up to a dock but not hit it. In Tractor Training class, you are instructed to bump the dock, then pull up for the dock plate. You back into a car, no damage, you call. You back into a boat, no damage, you call. You back into a dumpster, no damage, you call. You are calling to head off any future calls by a customer that you damaged their property. More proof you just don't know anything about DGO.

falcon back

If a customer wants to call in in this scenario, let him. If I'm in the courier's shoes, it's the customer's word against mine. Absent any damage the customer's word doesn't mean squat. He might as well say I hit the thing at 100 MPH.
You call your manager for damage control. Better to call when it happens than to get called into the office when a customer calls in and says you hit their boat trailer and tore it up. Sure they are not telling the truth but why risk the headache? Kind of like when you burn the coffee you make for the people in your area. Tell them before they drink it so they won't be upset. I am sure you have made many good pots of coffee but your coworkers will definitely be upset when you make that bad pot.