I drink your milkshake! a metaphor for capitalism

rickyb

Democracy At Work ‏@democracyatwrk
14m14 minutes ago

We can do better than capitalism. #Workercoops: the next system. @profwolff

Cv8W1qzXgAAcTjG.png

coops are more efficient than capitalism.

rickyb

you can isolate one group and twist it anyway you want it. corporations paid 90 percent of their income back then which is extreme.

here is a more recent and inclusive study of tax's paid , the top 1 percent earn 19 percent of all payroll but paid 38 percent of all taxes.

Summary of the Latest Federal Income Tax Data, 2015 Update

this then leads to my next question , why would a Canadian care what happens in the US?
Democracy At Work ‏@democracyatwrk Oct 28

How the system works!

Cv4bNF2W8AEKwqe.png

rickyb

There are hundreds of millions of Americans who know that something is terribly wrong. A light has gone out. They see it in their own suffering and hopelessness and the suffering and hopelessness of their neighbors. But they lack, because of the contamination of our political, cultural and intellectual discourse, the words and ideas to make sense of what is happening around them. They are bereft of a vision. Austerity, globalization, unfettered capitalism, an expansion of the extraction of fossil fuels and endless war are not the price to be paid for progress and the advance of civilization. They are part of the savage and deadly exploitation by corporate capitalism and imperialism. They serve a neoliberal ideology. The elites dare not speak this truth. It is toxic. They peddle the seductive illusions that saturate the airwaves. We are left to strike out at shadows. We are enticed to succumb to the racism, allure of white supremacy and bigotry that always accompanies a culture in dissolution.

rickyb

every spike in unemployment has a corresponding spike in shaken baby syndrome where parents shake their babies so hard their brains turn to jelly

rickyb

In what world do you think a comment like this is appropriate?
i was listening to a speech by harriet fraad shes the wife of richard wolff and a psycho therapist or something, and anyways shes mentioned it and i thought it was stunning.

theres also a tie between unemployment rate and suicides.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

i was listening to a speech by harriet fraad shes the wife of richard wolff and a psycho therapist or something, and anyways shes mentioned it and i thought it was stunning.

theres also a tie between unemployment rate and suicides.

There is also a relationship between your posts and utter nonsense.

rickyb

There is also a relationship between your posts and utter nonsense.
what i said was true and its not racist or whatever unlike all of the posts on the board blaming the whole muslim religion for terrorism??? but you might just be well adjusted to the injustice directed towards them

there are a few problems regarding unemployment / employment that tie into what i said:

1. people who need jobs don't have them even when theres alot of stuff they could be doing for work.

2. half the people who have jobs are being paid enough to have a decent life.

3. many people endure an abusive environment at their jobs.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
rickyb,
Here's how the real world works ; there are two people left in the world . One has to dig a (w) hole and the other one has to fill it with sh$t.
Which one are you ?

seems dig a hole is a JayZ song.

rickyb

wow your economy has radically changed. ive heard before how it has deindustrialized but i didnt know the numbers.

in 1965 roughly 50% of the economy was good paying manufacturing jobs. by 2004 its down to 9% and you can bet its even lower now.

"Capitalism, the market system works," he said. "You want to keep a system where the goose lays more golden eggs every year. We've got that. Now, the question is: How do those eggs get distributed? And that is where the system needs some adjusting."
-warren buffett

rickyb

"Capitalism, the market system works," he said. "You want to keep a system where the goose lays more golden eggs every year. We've got that. Now, the question is: How do those eggs get distributed? And that is where the system needs some adjusting."
-warren buffett
capitalism is not necessarily a market system anymore than slavery was a market system. slave masters were free to buy and sell slaves in the market.

id like to hear warren buffett square global warming with capitalism and then describe how it works.

letting a small number of people control the economy has always been a terrible idea.

Last edited:

capitalism is not necessarily a market system anymore than slavery was a market system. slave masters were free to buy and sell slaves in the market.

id like to hear warren buffett square global warming with capitalism and then describe how it works.

letting a small number of people control the economy has always been a terrible idea.
He says we don't need a minimum wage, but a minimum income. A $15 minimum wage would kill jobs. But a $15 minimum income would protect those who cannot produce $15 an hour.

rickyb

He says we don't need a minimum wage, but a minimum income. A $15 minimum wage would kill jobs. But a $15 minimum income would protect those who cannot produce $15 an hour.
yea im for min incomes too.

warren buffett is usually only quoted for his comments on class warfare and the tax system.