I drink your milkshake! a metaphor for capitalism

yea im for min incomes too.

warren buffett is usually only quoted for his comments on class warfare and the tax system.
Not true, he is very well known as a liberal. The market system is the best one out there he says. You absolutely need to lay the golden eggs.

rickyb

the last time the republicans controlled the house, the senate, and the presidency was 1928.

guess what happened in 1929. looking forward to the overdue economic crisis.

rickyb

this reminds me of chris hedges and joe saccos book days of destruction, days of revolt.

chris hedges goes to the dakota access pipeline protests. the water is poisoned, young people have died from tumors. capitalism knows no limits and the people who profit live far far away and dont care. its how capitalism works.

Chris Hedges Meets the Resistance at Standing Rock

one of the people he interviews have 2 shoe boxes full of paper of different cancer deaths from the water being contaminated because of the oil industry.

Last edited:

newfie

this reminds me of chris hedges and joe saccos book days of destruction, days of revolt.

chris hedges goes to the dakota access pipeline protests. the water is poisoned, young people have died from tumors. capitalism knows no limits and the people who profit live far far away and dont care. its how capitalism works.

Chris Hedges Meets the Resistance at Standing Rock

one of the people he interviews have 2 shoe boxes full of different cancer deaths from the water being contaminated because of the oil industry.

I think you enjoy annoying us.

oldngray

nowhere special
I think you enjoy annoying us.
troll_detected.png

rickyb

And telling me what I should be doing. Yet they have nothing to lose.
people tell you what to do everyday at your job. thats why im against capitalism but for some reason conservatives love the idea of taking orders from a boss.

i never told you, i gave u advice.

people tell you what to do everyday at your job. thats why im against capitalism but for some reason conservatives love the idea of taking orders from a boss.

You give poor advice. If you had any supervisory experience, you would know that the boss is taking orders. I unfortunately have to take orders from the govt.

newfie

that's just plain silly . If you don't like having a boss, then get your own hot dog cart.
Suddenly you discover you still have a boss who batches at you, the person buying the hot dog.

So I would probably end up taking an ice pick to my eyes after your response but what system could you earn a living in and not have a boss.

Someone's sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago.
Warren Buffett

rickyb

that's just plain silly . If you don't like having a boss, then get your own hot dog cart.
Suddenly you discover you still have a boss who batches at you, the person buying the hot dog.

So I would probably end up taking an ice pick to my eyes after your response but what system could you earn a living in and not have a boss.
you know with all my talk about worker cooperatives, since you guys are so open minded to new ideas i thought you would have been all over it and experts on the difference between coops and capitalism.

rickyb

https://ralphnaderradiohour.com/the-minds-of-animalsincome-inequality/

ralph nader interviews chuck collins a heir to the oscar meyer fortune about inequality. they mention how government invests heavily into the economy.

warren buffet says "i didnt do it alone, if i was born in bangladesh i wouldnt be worth 60 billion". examples they mention are inheriting a business, infrastructure, making something with the internet which government created, us government going to the world court in defense of property rights, tax credits, hand outs, bail outs, different protections, etc.

semi conductor, computer, aerospace, bio tech, nano tech, containerization, pharmaceuticals all beneficiaries of trillions and trillions of dollars of government investment.

rickyb

You give poor advice. If you had any supervisory experience, you would know that the boss is taking orders. I unfortunately have to take orders from the govt.
yea exactly, corporations are totally hierarchical, an economic tyranny.

this website and UPS is a prime example of the stories you hear about how worker are treated poorly. this is what happens when you allow your economy to be run by a small minority of bosses and executives instead of having popular rule by the workers.

workers would be less likely to vote to treat themselves badly.

but whether or not the victims on this website realize capitalism is the problem is another question. alot of people i talk to get it, they realize they are essentially making some capitalist rich and the economy is not that good.