I drink your milkshake! a metaphor for capitalism

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Let me get this straight.....so you're saying that the owner of a company, the person who took the risk to start a business, should have NO say in how the money earned by his/her company is disbursed? Let the workers make that decision?
No, I think he's saying that the "owners" of the company should be the people doing the work, and an some absentee landlord writing e-mails and conference calls from their private yachts in the Caribbean. But he left that part out. ;)

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
you thought he should sell flags?

To conservitards, anything is justified if there's a profit to be made. Very few bring up the Nazi associations of Prescott Bush, source of the Bush money. At least Joe Kennedy wasn't collaborating with the enemy.

teamer

To conservitards, anything is justified if there's a profit to be made. Very few bring up the Nazi associations of Prescott Bush, source of the Bush money. At least Joe Kennedy wasn't collaborating with the enemy.

Now now I'm sure you liberals have made it up many times.

newfie

upload_2016-2-21_19-37-53.png

rickyb

How many people own stock in those 500 corporations?
better question would be who owns the majority of the stock in them?

i dont know david cay johnston didnt mention that, but stock ownership in america is very concentrated to a small group of people. you could look it up but i think the number was 1% owns 75% of all stock if i recall.

richard wolff has also commented on how few corporations do most of the business in america.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
That small group of people just happen to be 1000's of union employees .
Our 401k plans and the union pension funds are all invested with the stock exchanges .
If just the 410k funds were to be removed say tomorrow , there would be panic on Wall St.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Our 401k plans and the union pension funds are all invested with the stock exchanges .
If just the 410k funds were to be removed say tomorrow , there would be panic on Wall St.
Who's idea was it for this country's pension retirement system to be shifted to the 401k scam?

rickyb

union employees own jack because they earn jack.