I drink your milkshake! a metaphor for capitalism

rickyb

I suggest you do some financial research and not be always repeating some one else's words .
those were mine ;)

now to repeat david cay johnstons words:

the poorest 60 million americans own 0.1% of the wealth. the next poorest 60 million americans own 0.2% of the wealth.

teamer

better question would be who owns the majority of the stock in them?

i dont know david cay johnston didnt mention that, but stock ownership in america is very concentrated to a small group of people. you could look it up but i think the number was 1% owns 75% of all stock if i recall.

richard wolff has also commented on how few corporations do most of the business in america.

who is feeding you all this negativity?

http://www.businessinsider.com/chart-stock-market-ownership-2013-3

Babagounj

Strength through joy
those were mine ;)

now to repeat david cay johnstons words:

the poorest 60 million americans own 0.1% of the wealth. the next poorest 60 million americans own 0.2% of the wealth.
I wonder if this speaker is including all americans , that is all North & South American residents .

BrownArmy

Maybe those people got to the top 10% by working hard and making smart decisions. Not buying more house than they can afford and cars and trucks on 84 month payments.

Or they started in the top 10% with silver spoons and connections, and simply stayed there.

Come on, how many of those people lived true 'Horatio Alger' lives?

It's like Trump, the 'self-made man'.

Please.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I love it when some people slam the 10% and call them rich bastards and every name in the book.....then they find out they are a 10%-er too.

rickyb

What's funny is most of you don't realize you're in the top 10% or very very close to it.
in that article i posted, the top 1% own roughly 50% of all stocks. the bottom 90% own 9%...

alot of people are pissed off. why do you think bernie and trump are so popular. the capitalist economy stinks. if things dont get better (they will probably get worse before they get better), your gonna see civil unrest.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
in that article i posted, the top 1% own roughly 50% of all stocks. the bottom 90% own 9%...

alot of people are :censored2: off. why do you think bernie and trump are so popular. the capitalist economy stinks. if things dont get better (they will probably get worse before they get better), your gonna see civil unrest.
You're going to have civil unrest because the eventually the haves will no longer be able to support the have nots.

Instead of getting a job the have nots (you) will riot and loot and take what they want.

The government already has plans in place to deal with this.

newfie

You're going to have civil unrest because the eventually the haves will no longer be able to support the have nots.

Instead of getting a job the have nots (you) will riot and loot and take what they want.

The government already has plans in place to deal with this.

yep why work hard if the government is going to hand feed you