I hate Dish Network!!!!!

S

splozi

If you get a chance check out the show America Horror Story on FX. Season two is coming out soon and season one was great.

I watched a few episodes of that... couldn't do it anymore.

To each their own I guess.

I love "Mad Men". On AMC.

Kis124

I pay 89.99 for cable, HD, dvr, phone, internet..HBO, cinemax, starz and 2 additional boxes. Comcast. My roommate knows a sales rep lol

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I really enjoyed Boardwalk Empire, Game of Thrones, The Borgeias, Etc. Alas the wife cancelled my premium channels. Now I enjoy Finding Bigfoot and Swamp People. My new favorite is Impractical Jokers. Bust a gut funny.

Alicia_B_DISH

Man I hate dish network. I need to return their equipment and they don't have any local area's to return the items to. They send UPS ARS tags in an empty box to retrieve their merchandise in. They then charge me if I decide to use those ARS tags. So if they get used, I get billed to my Dish account. I worked in UPS billing for years in the past, I took so many calls from people w/ UPS accounts, I saw them getting ripped off in a particular way that I will now use. Once I get those tags here, I will not be placing them on any boxes, I'm not using them. Dish will bill me $15 outside of UPS directly to my account. I have a good mind to get those ARS tags, take the first 6 digits trailing the 1z, write them down. Go to a drop box, get a manual paper to fill out and put that 6 digit number in the Bill to UPS account # field. I'd really like to set up Same day delivery so they get billed nearly $200 for the pick up alone, but that would be so expensive they'd surely spend the time to try and get the money from me. So I'll probably just do UPS NDA EAM. If they try to get money out of me, I'll just ignore it, my credit is shot already anyhow, they can go friend themselves. UPS will still get paid, I never removed those charges from a shippers bill.

Hi there,

When you cancel services the equipment has to be sent back within 30 days to avoid additional charges. We do not have the capacity to store returned equipment in our local offices due to the amount of new equipment needed for customers in your area. If you receive a charge for non returned equipment the charges would be reversed once it has been returned. If you are in a contract and choose to cancel services early the cancel fee would be enforced. The return shipping cost would be your responsibility however we do provide pre-addressed labels from UPS at a discounted rate of $15.00 that you can elect to use, but are not required to. If you have any other questions regarding charges please let us know.

beentheredonethat

I have Dish Network and have had them for about 15 years. Overall, I think they do a good job and have good customer service. I've heard horror stories from relatives with Direct TV. When I first moved on my neighborhood 18 years ago, cable stopped right at our development. They wouldn't run it into our development unless we paid an exorbitant amount of money to run the lines. So we waited for a while. When they still didn't run the lines, and we did call a few times. We bought Dish Network. Our biggest regret was not doing it sooner. (We had 2 channels we could get over the air). I do wish we could get channels a la carte. We get hundreds, but we only watch less then 20 channels regularly.

CJinx

Fun fact about Direct TV:
Normally, packages sent through Fedex which are undeliverable as addressed are held at the local terminal for 10 business days while they attempt to contact you via phone or post card. Direct TV mandates that all receiver return boxes are sent back within 3 business days if undeliverable. This gives the customer a very slim window to get back to Fedex, and could result in them being billed another month for not returning the equipment.
These customers almost always remark on the irony that they always receive their bill at the correct address while the box usually has a bad/old address.

S

splozi

Fun fact about Direct TV:
Normally, packages sent through Fedex which are undeliverable as addressed are held at the local terminal for 10 business days while they attempt to contact you via phone or post card. Direct TV mandates that all receiver return boxes are sent back within 3 business days if undeliverable. This gives the customer a very slim window to get back to Fedex, and could result in them being billed another month for not returning the equipment.
These customers almost always remark on the irony that they always receive their bill at the correct address while the box usually has a bad/old address.

Makes sense to me. More effort is put into billing someone than fulfilling a service.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I'm a customer and they suck. But, being so rural, it's better than the antenna. Direct is even worse. No cable available. What's that song about the one your with? Lmao!!!!

​I like DTV. Never had any problems with them and have all the channels I like, Based on the number of complaints that I have heard from customers and the number of empty boxes delivered and returns I pick up, I would never go with DISH.