i love my no union job at Fed_ex

vantexan

Now you're talking about in-range raises as well as top of range. Previously we were talking about just the top of range increase which, by the way, varied from about 2% to 3.5% over the last several years. There may well have been a mailing about the merit increases, I don't remember as they didn't apply to me and weren't part of what we were talking about. Even then, I would challenge you to find where anything said a raise was guaranteed.

As for mistakes, you even admitted to misunderstanding the review in this thread and I showed you where you misunderstood. If you want other examples, feel free to go back and check your posts. I'm not trying to nitpick, just pointing out that at the very least, you've misunderstood how some things work. If you don't want to take the time to double check and make sure you understand things before you make a decision about them, that's your right. It doesn't make your or me a bad person. I know that I've talked to many of my coworkers over the years who were mad or upset about something. When I showed them how to go about challenging it if they were right or understanding it if they were wrong, they were better for it.

And you are correct, just because you disagree doesn't make me right. What makes me right is when you are wrong. Believe it or not, I am smart enough to know when you have a valid point and are just disagreeing with me. That's what discussions are about.

As for how to get better pay, I don't have the golden answer. Obviously the status quo isn't it and in my opinion a union isn't it either but that's just my opinion. I've said it here before, if a union gets in and we do end up with better pay, better benefits, better all around, I'll be the first one to come back here and say I was an idiot and thanks to all of you who knew better than me.

"What are we waiting for?". That is an excellent question and one I think you should be asking the Teamsters. If they're looking out for your best interest, why didn't they start making a push as soon as the RLA rules were changed? It's definitely a lot easier for them even without the NLRA change.

I brought up in-range raises as there was a new pay system instituted in either 2002 or 2003 that was explained in a mailing. The new pay system affected both in-range and topped out employees but in different ways. And until 2009 topped out employees did receive 3% annually with a 5 or better. Not something reviewed and decided on each particular year, but an automatic raise if criteria was met. And I'd like to see all these mistakes you are claiming. As far as performance/productivity, you say tomato, I say tomahto. Performance is about much more than crossing t's and dotting i's. And if you asked upper management what they consider the single most important trait a courier should posses I'd bet being highly productive would win. And mistakes or no mistakes, what MrFedEx said in previous post is what matters, everything else is secondary.

vantexan

You can go around and around about incremental pay increases all day, but the main issue remains that we are grossly underpaid, and all of the different scales and "merit" pay and FPP and all of the rest of it are smoke and mirrors to keep overall pay low. This is the main objective, and Fred has been extremely successful at getting most employees to gratefully take 2% here or there while their market level stays ridiculously low and our pay continues to diminish in comparison to UPS. Oh yeah, and it takes 20 years to even get to that point. What a load of crap.

Once a decent level of base pay is established, then we can sweat the small stuff. Until then, it really doesn't matter very much.

Late November will make 12 years back for me. Still closer to starting pay than top of range. And at 48 it looks like I'll have to work into my late 60's if I want to stay until I top out. And that's assuming I get a full raise every year. Right now I'd settle for an adjustment that gave me an extra hundred a week after taxes. Not going to happen, they aren't giving me any option but to vote for a union. Just wish Congress would get it over with so that we'd know where we stand.

quadro

I brought up in-range raises as there was a new pay system instituted in either 2002 or 2003 that was explained in a mailing. The new pay system affected both in-range and topped out employees but in different ways. And until 2009 topped out employees did receive 3% annually with a 5 or better. Not something reviewed and decided on each particular year, but an automatic raise if criteria was met. And I'd like to see all these mistakes you are claiming. As far as performance/productivity, you say tomato, I say tomahto. Performance is about much more than crossing t's and dotting i's. And if you asked upper management what they consider the single most important trait a courier should posses I'd bet being highly productive would win. And mistakes or no mistakes, what MrFedEx said in previous post is what matters, everything else is secondary.
To put the horse out of its misery, I dug up my old notes/records etc. The new pay system was a change from 6 month raises to yearly raises and a commensurate change in the increase percentages. That occurred in 2002 I believe. In 2003 and 2004 top of range only increased 2%. The next 4 years were 3% then 0% in 2009 and 2% in 2010. So you are mistaken about 3% every year since the pay change.
The performance issue was in reference to how raises are given. You implied that FedEx doesn't give raises based on performance. That's incorrect. You can say that performance and productivity are the same thing but the reality is that productivity is a subset of your performance. And even then, your productivity (stops per hour) isn't even on the review. So productivity has nothing to do with your raise no matter how important it is. And as I already explained, there are many performance metrics on the review so I never said it was just crossing t's and dotting i's.

vantexan

To put the horse out of its misery, I dug up my old notes/records etc. The new pay system was a change from 6 month raises to yearly raises and a commensurate change in the increase percentages. That occurred in 2002 I believe. In 2003 and 2004 top of range only increased 2%. The next 4 years were 3% then 0% in 2009 and 2% in 2010. So you are mistaken about 3% every year since the pay change.
The performance issue was in reference to how raises are given. You implied that FedEx doesn't give raises based on performance. That's incorrect. You can say that performance and productivity are the same thing but the reality is that productivity is a subset of your performance. And even then, your productivity (stops per hour) isn't even on the review. So productivity has nothing to do with your raise no matter how important it is. And as I already explained, there are many performance metrics on the review so I never said it was just crossing t's and dotting i's.

There, got it out of you. You are right, first year was 2%, and as I said the next year an extra 1% was added.(you will jump on that statement, you are really too easy) Be that as it may, this all started when I scoffed at your statement about raises based on performance. I still scoff at that, working hard for them only gets a pat on the head. Of course you define performance differently. You and the rest of them don't believe in rewarding hard work, only in devising a system that holds pay down and forces us to live paycheck to paycheck. You got yours, and now you are trying to make sure nothing upsets the apple cart so that you continue to get yours. You are in the tank for FedEx, don't deny it. Come on, let me guess, 6 months as a courier, used your college degree to get out of it. Ops mgr? Nah, I'm thinking you're in personnel.(and the funny part is how you'll diligently type a rebuttal, attacking my character, yada yada yada). You work for a company that has become exploitive. And you are an enabler. You must be very proud.

quadro

There, got it out of you. You are right, first year was 2%, and as I said the next year an extra 1% was added.(you will jump on that statement, you are really too easy)
Got what out of me? That you were wrong? I just gave you the facts and you still are throwing out bad info. 1% wasn't added the second year, it was the third year.
Be that as it may, this all started when I scoffed at your statement about raises based on performance. I still scoff at that, working hard for them only gets a pat on the head. Of course you define performance differently.
I'm only defining it by what's on the performance review. You can scoff all you want. That fact that you keep choosing to ignore is that your raise (if not topped out) is based on your performance review score. How you perform under those metrics determines your review score. This didn't used to be the case as the review was too subjective in the past. Now it is not perfect but it is much more objective and uses your actual performance numbers. You can barely squeak by on stops per hour but as long as the metrics on your performance review are met and you are rarely late and rarely sick, you'll score pretty well and therefore your raise will be better.
You and the rest of them don't believe in rewarding hard work, only in devising a system that holds pay down and forces us to live paycheck to paycheck. You got yours, and now you are trying to make sure nothing upsets the apple cart so that you continue to get yours. You are in the tank for FedEx, don't deny it. Come on, let me guess, 6 months as a courier, used your college degree to get out of it. Ops mgr? Nah, I'm thinking you're in personnel.(and the funny part is how you'll diligently type a rebuttal, attacking my character, yada yada yada). You work for a company that has become exploitive. And you are an enabler. You must be very proud.
You are completely wrong about my education and career and I don't make character assassinations. I haven't attacked your character. I've suggested you possibly didn't stand up for yourself but that's hardly attacking your character. Why don't you simply put what I say on the back burner and check out some of these facts? If I'm wrong, come back and show me and I'll apologize. If I'm right, perhaps you'll do the right thing and admit it.

Broke

dumas you still kikin? I wood want to tell ever 1 hear t still luv my job. I no theirs a reeson for hour inferor pay and bennies just wish ever1 else cood understand like wee do. That Texan dud under stands the economy is very bad even tho all the malls and rest a rants are full. fred can't pay us moor wish peeple cuold get that. I'm thankful the rase has been put off til oct. I no theirs a reeson I just wanted to say I luv fed and just glad to have a job sincerly,, earl

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
dumas you still kikin? I wood want to tell ever 1 hear t still luv my job. I no theirs a reeson for hour inferor pay and bennies just wish ever1 else cood understand like wee do. That Texan dud under stands the economy is very bad even tho all the malls and rest a rants are full. fred can't pay us moor wish peeple cuold get that. I'm thankful the rase has been put off til oct. I no theirs a reeson I just wanted to say I luv fed and just glad to have a job sincerly,, earl

Ahhmm heer. Yep, ah caint beleeve how so many curriers arnt living the perple promass for Fred. he does everythin for us and now jes look at the way peeple treet him!!! theres just no respect and i luv my job so much becuz FedEx care so much about me and you and everyone else like pandas and poor peeples and the envronment.

Ah luv mah uncle Fred so much. hes like a daddy to me.

vantexan

Ahhmm heer. Yep, ah caint beleeve how so many curriers arnt living the perple promass for Fred. he does everythin for us and now jes look at the way peeple treet him!!! theres just no respect and i luv my job so much becuz FedEx care so much about me and you and everyone else like pandas and poor peeples and the envronment.

Ah luv mah uncle Fred so much. hes like a daddy to me.

You mean he's not your daddy? And all this time I thought this was just a father/son tiff.

Broke

Uh its allmost peek aboo time agan. I look 4ward to making mi custmers hapy. I no that if we hav enuff trucks thin we wont have enuff powr pads or if we hav enuff powr pads and trucks we wont have enuff peeple. Im stil happy and luv my job. I luv fred to. I luv the cluster we hav evey peek. If I had it to do over agan id choose fred he rocks no matter whut he has a plan....... jingle bells and happy peek

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Uh its allmost peek aboo time agan. I look 4ward to making mi custmers hapy. I no that if we hav enuff trucks thin we wont have enuff powr pads or if we hav enuff powr pads and trucks we wont have enuff peeple. Im stil happy and luv my job. I luv fred to. I luv the cluster we hav evey peek. If I had it to do over agan id choose fred he rocks no matter whut he has a plan....... jingle bells and happy peek
:holycowsmile::holycowsmile::holycowsmile:

images-7.jpeg

Broke

cleetus you their? can i heer a good fred storie? Wee all need too luv fred. he put food on hour table I luv him so much. i never want to top out cuz it's for the betterment of the cumpany. fred can i give my 20 sent rase bac ? I no you only make 1 sent per pakage and I feel gilty as a curier for making such a big pro fit. Im skeerd the unions will come get us and well make more money no union no i don't want more money o don't want to afford gifts for Christmas no union no go fred go

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
cleetus you their? can i heer a good fred storie? Wee all need too luv fred. he put food on hour table I luv him so much. i never want to top out cuz it's for the betterment of the cumpany. fred can i give my 20 sent rase bac ? I no you only make 1 sent per pakage and I feel gilty as a curier for making such a big pro fit. Im skeerd the unions will come get us and well make more money no union no i don't want more money o don't want to afford gifts for Christmas no union no go fred go

Ah am heer butt reel buzy makin money fore fred. Jeesuz and fred will save us frommin thoz union thugs!!!

I Am Jacks Damaged Box

***** Club Member (can't talk about it)
Ah gits kwyte duh laffs win doz union thugz tri 2 git me 2 sine uh union kawrd. Wurkin 4 fred haz itz pirkz, lyk nawt payen dem taxuz 4 1.

Payen duh taxuz iz 4 duh sukkaz!