I need some help

menotyou

bella amicizia
Please keep us informed, Janet. We do care very much about our customers. If you find it, could you post a picture of it? As I said previously, my mother is a huge quilt fan. I wish you the best of luck. :happy-very:

Janet,
Please ask the shipper if they reuse cartons that come into them....as Danny states, if they did and it had another tracking label and address on the other side ther may be a problem.

Quilter

Janet,
Please ask the shipper if they reuse cartons that come into them....as Danny states, if they did and it had another tracking label and address on the other side ther may be a problem.

They reused the box I used to ship the quilt to them. It's about 24" square, about 10-12" high, and the last label on it would have brought it right back to them. The only distinguishing thing about the box is that it had my last name written on the side.

Janet

menotyou

bella amicizia
They reused the box I used to ship the quilt to them. It's about 24" square, about 10-12" high, and the last label on it would have brought it right back to them. The only distinguishing thing about the box is that it had my last name written on the side.

Janet

Did you tell the overgoods people that?

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Thank you all for taking the time to comment. The one bright spot in this situation is how helpful and thorough everyone at UPS has been in trying to locate the quilt. It makes me believe that if it were at UPS, someone there would find it.

It looks like I'll have to be taking this up with the shipper again. I will come back when I have a resolution...whatever that may be.

Janet

Having worked the customer service side at UPS, I agree with the majority here that the best bet is the shipper never shipped the item. Especially if the scans "in transit" were logical scans with no physical ones...if that is the case.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Janet

The quilt is a product of love, hard work, and a gift you have developed. And the loss is devastating.

UPS will eventually pay the claim, for the limit it was insured at time of shipment, but that amount does not even come close to the actual value. As has been mentioned, UPS is not admitting anything but that it can not locate it in our system.

After 33+ years at UPS, I have seen a lot of odd things. One thing is for sure, it did not just walk out on its own. And while the quilt is very nice, only someone that would be interested in the quilt would take it.

So that brings us back to the shipper. The fact that there are discrepancies on the other two packages as well, is a huge warning signal. Of the driver that picked them up, and the shipping department of the shipper.

Let us know how it works out. Turn up the heat on the company that was shipping it back to you. You never know how hard they actually investigated it on their end.

Good luck

d

Quilter

UPS will eventually pay the claim, for the limit it was insured at time of shipment, but that amount does not even come close to the actual value. As has been mentioned, UPS is not admitting anything but that it can not locate it in our system.

So that brings us back to the shipper. The fact that there are discrepancies on the other two packages as well, is a huge warning signal. Of the driver that picked them up, and the shipping department of the shipper.

Let us know how it works out. Turn up the heat on the company that was shipping it back to you. You never know how hard they actually investigated it on their end.

Good luck

d
Thanks, Danny. My husband and I have been discussing various strategies, and will probably offer a reward for its safe return once we figure out how to do it effectively.

Right now, the shipper is sticking by their story, and we're waiting to hear the outcome of their insurance claim...we also want to make sure it makes the cover of the magazine as promised - it would be criminal to go through all this just to have the publisher switch covers.

Janet

User Name

Only 230 Today?? lol
Hummmm, In my center we are told not to scan pu pieces anymore. Scan end of day and that is it. If it doesn't have an end of day then make a guesstimate on how many pcs and move on. Now, if this was a high value shouldn't the high value procedures were followed. In my center the paperwork needs signed off by management and high values go into a are and then are tail loaded on the truck.

j4ck4zz

if they re-used your old box, have you tracked the original tracking number again just to make sure that the old shipping label wasn't used again?