I never did this before

DS

Fenderbender
I went to an auction.
All kinds of brand new stuff.
I almost bought an RC helicopter for $75
it was fun just watching.
Next week we might rent a plane and a pilot for an hour.

bigbrownhen

Auctions do look like fun. I always wanted to go to one, just never got around to it. I need some new gates and feeders for the farm. I really need to go to a farm auction/estate sale, best place to get good deal on that stuff.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Auctions do look like fun. I always wanted to go to one, just never got around to it. I need some new gates and feeders for the farm. I really need to go to a farm auction/estate sale, best place to get good deal on that stuff.

Unfortunately, with the drought, the deals are even better this year.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I've been to several auctions and people tend to get swept up in the action and end up paying more for an item they probably could have found at a garage sale for pennies on the dollar.

I looked before the auction...had my eye on a Stiffel lamp......was a minimum of 50 years old. I had my mind set...no more than $100 and it got bid up to $220. I can buy a new Stiffel traditional table lamp for less that that.

raceanoncr

I looked before the auction...had my eye on a Stiffel lamp......was a minimum of 50 years old. I had my mind set...no more than $100 and it got bid up to $220. I can buy a new Stiffel traditional table lamp for less that that.

So then...are you saying you got "Stiffeled"?

evilleace

I enjoy going to auctions but you have to make sure you check out the merchandise before you bid so get there early, you can get good deals on tools and antiques plus the old stuff is made way better than the new stuff. Upstate there is a storage auction in my town later this month I plan on going just to see how those really work and what kind of merchandise they have.