I was asked to work this saturday ( driving ) what to expect??

sorefeet

center manager told me to come in @ 8:30 & I'd be doing around 30-40 stops.

Will that be 30-40 NDA's? ( do Sat airs have a later commit time? )

Is there a trace like on a normal m-friend ground route?

Anything else I should know that is different than normal ground delivery? ( I've been FT seasonal driver since Nov 1st )

Sat will be a 6th punch for me, will that mean time & a half for my saturday hours?

Thanks

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
center manager told me to come in @ 8:30 & I'd be doing around 30-40 stops.

Will that be 30-40 NDA's? ( do Sat airs have a later commit time? )

Is there a trace like on a normal m-friend ground route?

Anything else I should know that is different than normal ground delivery? ( I've been FT seasonal driver since Nov 1st )

Sat will be a 6th punch for me, will that mean time & a half for my saturday hours?

Thanks
Not unless you're over 40 hours.

Normal Saturday Air has a 12:00 commit time. Maybe relaxed to 14:30 this Saturday. I normally run 30 stops on a regular Saturday. You will run your own trace. We normally run 5 Saturday drivers. December running 10 drivers. Don't really thing volume will support that many drivers but UPS has dedicated so much money to make this years peak a success, hard to turn down the money.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Bring Google maps with you, yes you'll get OT if you're on your sixth punch of ground work. If you're low man you'll be running the trash section most likely.

Last edited:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Relaxed commit starts on the 18th.

Depending on the size of your center, the packages may or may not be in your DIAD; if they are, you run in trace, keeping in mind the commit time. If they are not, you run it "old school"---scan package, force in address.

Time and a half.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
Not working, I'ts too unorganized and theres always too much to do . Why not grab some of the ground too ,don't understand that logic. Its only a cluster worth ,150 dollars. To drive a different truck is a game breaker.

barnyard

KTM rider
I worked last year on the Saturday before Christmas. Covered the area that were covered by me and 3 others during the week. I went through their cars and grabbed their send agains. Got rid of all that, plus my air. I think I ended up with 40 stops and worked a bit more than 4.5 hours, including loading.

Relaxed commit means an extra 1.5 hours. Normally a noon commit, now it is 1330.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
I am being forced in for Saturday too. I am full time driver. Is there a guarantee in hours?
{see page 156}
Article 45. Guarantees
Section 45.2. Saturday and Sunday

Any employee called or put to work on Saturday or Sunday shall be guaranteed not less than eight (8) continuous hours of work or the full equivalent in pay at Saturday or Sunday rates, except for those employees on an alternate work week schedule whose pay rate shall be determined as provided in Article 46, Section 1 (b).

I'm pretty sure mgmnt would love to accommodate you, should you desire a pay code 05.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

{see page 156}

I'm pretty sure mgmnt would love to accommodate you, should you desire a pay code 05.

Hondo, I noticed that you disagreed with my post where I said that we are only guaranteed 4 hours. That is the language in our supplement. They will be limiting our dispatches to 4-6 hours and we will be running Code 05.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
Hondo, I noticed that you disagreed with my post where I said that we are only guaranteed 4 hours. That is the language in our supplement. They will be limiting our dispatches to 4-6 hours and we will be running Code 05.
Yes, I disagreed. Your contract supplement does not apply to UPSjedi41; who you replied to as if it does apply. If he wants 8 hours of work/pay, he's entitled to it pursuant to the collective bargaining agreement.