I was getting scared going to this house

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by BlackJack616, Nov 7, 2013.

1. BlackJack616

BlackJack616 Active Member

I delivered to a house with a long driveway,probably half a mile or so
    The first SIGN KEEP OUT
    as i went down then it stated WARNING DO NOT ENTER
    then.. This property is under video survilance
    then BEaware of Attack DOGS
    the final sign before seeing the house was
  2. over9five

over9five Senior Member Staff Member

I wouldn't have gone to it.
    ​My safety first - No Exceptions.
  3. PiedmontSteward

PiedmontSteward RTW-4-Less

Did banjo music start playing off in the distance?
  4. Buck Fifty

Buck Fifty New Member

I'm with ovah on this one.
  5. cachsux

cachsux Wah

Aw c'mon. We'd have been perfectly safe with 53' of box as a bullet proof shield as we backed up the driveway.

​Feeder gets stuff done.
  6. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Will call.
  7. soberups

soberups Pees in the brown Koolaid

I have a house on my route with signs like that. The owner is a hardcore survivalist/prepper and kind of paranoid. Oddly enough, I have absolutely no fear whatsoever about going down the driveway; most of the time I am delivering guns or ammo to him and he is always very happy to see me.
  8. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

I had a guy who had his house locked up like a fortress with a concrete wall with razor wire on top all around the house. He had a buzzer next to his gate and would come out to get his package. He was always home, and always packing a .45 when he came outside. Always friendly to delivery people but I sure wouldn't want to try to steal from him.
  9. jaker

jaker trolling

What's the big deal they order the box so they should be glad to see you , unless its one of those letters saying you us money
  10. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

The fact that they ordered something to be delivered means you have been given an invitation to be on their property.
  11. Re-Raise

Re-Raise Well-Known Member

I had a crazy guy on my route that had "trespassers will be electrocuted" painted on his shed. He would occasionally be out in the yard wearing a dress and makeup.

I am not making this up. When he died he left everything to the church. They found like 50 k buried in mason jars in the shed.
  12. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

I do what the signs say, it only takes one time to be wrong.
  13. BlackJack616

I did make the deliver but there was another sign that said
    "Survivors will be shot again!"
  14. Baba gounj

Baba gounj pensioner

So that's what your driveway looks like .
  15. BlackJack616

16. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

Nothing to be afraid of. If you were a Jehovah's Witness, different story.
  17. TooTechie

TooTechie Geek in Brown

I deliver to a place like that every couple of months. 3 mile driveway. it starts with threatening turn back now signs then the signs get really funny with some of them telling you how much farther, and other funny stuff.
  18. soberups

soberups Pees in the brown Koolaid

Thats one of the biggest reasons that I toss managements "stay out of residential driveways" dogma right out the window once it gets dark on my rural area. If I am parked clear down by the road and out of sight of the house, then when the dogs start barking and the customer looks out his window the only thing he or she will be able to see is some guy in dark clothing walking up to his house with a flashlight. The best way for me to stay safe is for the customer to be able to clearly see and hear a UPS truck in his driveway and if that means I wind up breaking the occasional mirror or tree limb in the process then so be it.
  19. Buck Fifty

Buck Fifty New Member

The X used to have these kind of signs hung down the hallway to the bedroom. Talk about scary.
  20. over9five

over9five Senior Member Staff Member

One time he's had a bad day..... and shoots the UPS guy.