Ideas for new diads ?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by player4hire$$$, Sep 25, 2015.

1. player4hire$$$

player4hire$$$ New Member

Hey everyone, If you could design & build our next version of Diads What would you add or remove? My thoughts would be to design it around the iPhone would be a good starting point. Built completely buttonless & no larger or heavier then a iPhone 6+. Just carry it around all day in your pocket no need for a holster, Unless your packing Lol !! Anyway I would hire Apple engineers to manufacture it & have the testers throw it to the ground as hard as they can & if it doesn't disintegrate then it passes our drop test. The screen would double for gps maps with automatic pin drops to view your next stops. & yes it would be hands free driving because it would be fixated on a dash stand, This would help the swing drivers. I would also eliminate ever scanning pkg's again because the shipping labels will have chips that confirm when the pkg. is at its destination with gps. technology. All we would need to do is confirm the count & retrieve a sig. for business stops & leave. D.R would be even more efficient once you arrive to a stop you would just press the "Confirm" button & thats it no scanning anymore, You would still have options for not in, other locations, Etc. The technology would be similar to Apple's new payment system "applePay" that uses chip technology to transfer payment from the "Reader" at the store to the phone to process payment. What ideas wood you come up with?
  2. airintrace

airintrace Active Member

Add a "working" camera and a credit card slot for cod's
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. player4hire$$$

player4hire$$$ New Member

In my post i made a mistake with getting a sig. That would not exist anymore, All the customer would need to do is place a finger on the screen & their finger print would be the sig.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Grey

Grey Active Member

When you have a misload it should show up in your EDD like an ODS or something. That's all I got.
  5. There should never be miss loads. There should be some kind of sound that goes off if a parcel enters the wrong PC during the sort. How's that for technology? Boom!
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. We have that for small sort.
  7. Future

Future Well-Known Member

When you finish the should spit out confetti and sing Happy Birthday..... to .....

• Funny x 6
    • Like x 4
    • Winner x 3
    • Agree x 2
    • Beer x 2
    • List
  8. Future

Future Well-Known Member

Please dont profile
  9. Shifting Contents

Shifting Contents Most Help Needed

Put in a pocket :censored2:?

For during break
  10. Billy Ray

Billy Ray God, help us all.....

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

Short people got no reason to live.
  12. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

Threads like this make me giggle.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Beer Beer x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  13. Billy Ray

Billy Ray God, help us all.....

short-timers calendar for screen wallpaper
  14. MyTripisCut

MyTripisCut Well-Known Member

I would put in a spot for K-cups to make coffee with. Also a built in cigar cutter and lighter for break time. Maybe a bottle opener too!
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  15. MendozaJ

MendozaJ Active Member

Fingerprint signature.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  16. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Is that sanitary?
  17. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

I think you're getting plenty mr 8 kids.
  18. mjjlohn

mjjlohn Active Member

I would love to see a customizable edd where you could manually reorder stops after download. Also the ability to add and save notes tied to your ID number.
  19. Ms.PacMan

Ms.PacMan Well-Known Member

The fingerprint sig would be tough to verify but a good idea. It would be nice just to have the person sign a signature card that UPS could scan into a computer, then have a person sign and just push a info on file button.

Eventually UPS would have the largest database of signatures and work histories in the U.S.
  20. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

Then why Orion?