If you are thinking about voting NO…

What'dyabringmetoday???

To be fair, one of the biggest hurdles is the ever increasing ratio of retirees to actives. In NYST Pension Fund that ratio is almost 5:1. Kind of hard to maintain a surplus when you have 5 times the money going out as you do going in; ironically, the NYST Health Fund has an almost 18 month surplus.
If money is paid in all those years on someone it would stand to reason there would be enough to pay their pension. Something else happening.

Trucker Clock

Obviously everybody's pension relies on growth of the fund, even in a defined plan. Clearly our formula works, look at our funding. I'm really not sure what you're getting at here.

You know exactly what I’m getting at here.

For a pension to pay out more than what the employee made while working is bulk:censored2:, unless based solely on growth.

You said it yourself. It is more based on contributions than growth.

You will get a bump in pension. Enough to keep up with wages.

We are at half of what you get. And it had nothing to do with managing the fund. We are under the UPS/IBT fund. It is 102% funded. So the money is there, but we take a 50% pay cut to retire.

You take nothing. You make the same amount retired as you make working. So I’m sorry if I don’t feel your disappointment in the contract and your disgust that you feel like you deserve more.

A pension should center pay out more than what an employee made while working. You are already there. And you’re going to keep up with the pension increases.

I’m sorry if you feel you deserve $120K in retirement for a $100K job.

Yes, we could have done better. But as a whole, not bad. You are still going to keep your outrageous pension, twice what most people get.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

For a pension to pay out more than what the employee made while working is bulk:censored2:, unless based solely on growth.

We are at half of what you get. And it had nothing to do with managing the fund. We are under the UPS/IBT fund. It is 102% funded. So the money is there, but we take a 50% pay cut to retire.

You take nothing. You make the same amount retired as you make working. So I’m sorry if I don’t feel your disappointment in the contract and your disgust that you feel like you deserve more.

A pension should center pay out more than what an employee made while working. You are already there. And you’re going to keep up with the pension increases.

Yes, we could have done better. But as a whole, not bad. You are still going to keep your outrageous pension, twice what most people get.

From my understanding when a pension fund reaches that 100 percent threshold the employers do not have to put in anymore monetary contributions to cover their promised benefits. They can maintain their required vesting ratios by just their returns on their investments.

For example the IBT/UPS Pension Plan has the ability to forfeit their end of the year monetary contributions if it is presently sitting at 102 percent, it depends on their investment returns for that particular year.

That was the real reason for the “97” strike, the Company was going to use the Central’s future underfunding as an excuse to take over every “Monetary Contribution Plan” that they were contributed to like the West and DC.

They got half of their goal when the Union agreed to let UPS out of their pension obligations under the Central in 2008.

Their ultimate goal was to get Western’s, probably a pipe dream by now.

Screenshot_20230731-193546-217.png

No, sir, you're way off base. I will make nowhere near in retirement what I make now, I don't know anyone who does, frankly. I'm not saying they should take anything away from you to make up for me, I don't know why you take it so personally that I'm offended by the shell game going on here. I'm glad you got a boost, well overdue, but that doesn't affect me.

No, sir, you're way off base. I will make nowhere near in retirement what I make now, I don't know anyone who does, frankly. I'm not saying they should take anything away from you to make up for me, I don't know why you take it so personally that I'm offended by the shell game going on here. I'm glad you got a boost, well overdue, but that doesn't affect me.
Settle down