If you are thinking about voting NO…

To shut up @542thruNthru and all the other braggers in the West?
From I understand nobody's getting a big pension increase except for the central States

As a matter of fact they put a little bit more money up front and to the raises and took money off the pension increases so basically we're getting the same amount of money as we did the current contract we are working under

I don't know who come up with this BS 30 billion dollar number.

Our western pension is way better than any others in UPS. So, I am ok with central and southern getting more money put into their pension. Yes, I wish they put more into mine since I'm going to retire next year, but I agree with most members, we have to spread the money amongst all of us. There is Tons of rumors that our pension is frozen, it's not, we are keeping the same contributions as last contract. Also, our healthcare in the west is again way better and were keeping the same as last contract.
SOB said we didn't concede on anything, they didn't.
I'm voting yes.
It's not just us getting shorted, my friend. Pensions all over are not receiving any increases. They're shorting pension increases to pay for these raises. Sorry, I'm not interested in mortgaging my future so these :censored2:s can brag about a big raise. Sure, the money needs to spread, not saying it shouldn't, but don't start boasting a $30B contract when keeping contribution increases the same would've only cost ~$300M.

It's not just us getting shorted, my friend. Pensions all over are not receiving any increases. They're shorting pension increases to pay for these raises. Sorry, I'm not interested in mortgaging my future so these :censored2:s can brag about a big raise. Sure, the money needs to spread, not saying it shouldn't, but don't start boasting a $30B contract when keeping contribution increases the same would've only cost ~$300M.
Sounds like they're trying to buy a contract by selling out the future

Good thing my local union hall already had all the strike signs delivered

Sounds like they're trying to buy a contract by selling out the future

Good thing my local union hall already had all the strike signs delivered
It's bad. They are even saying out loud that they took from pension increases to pay for raises. Smfh

IMG_5540.jpg

fattybrown

It’s just that during contract negotiations everyone comes out of the woodwork. They have nothing to do with the union until a TA comes out then they think they’re Oprah doing a talk show giving the 411 on how good or how bad things are. Not saying that’s you, jmo on seeing multiple contract conversations over the years in here. Only get involved when it’s convenient. Most of the time me-streams.
I’ll admit I’m on here way more often during contract times. I just keep hearing the same responses to the same rhetoric. It’s seems as if a lot a looking at the here and now, instead of looking at the big picture. I’m just trying to help others further understand the extent of the terms. Ultimately, people are going to vote whatever they decide. I just hope they make an informed decision.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Home come the Central is getting a big increase @nd other plans are getting nothing.
View attachment 440276

Good but not the best. It’s at 817$ a week now over 40k per year. Have not seen the new supplement yet.

The IBT/UPS Pension Plan is a defined pension trust, it does not get the weekly contributions put into their pension plans like the Washington DC plan and the West.

Any improvements in the IBT/UPS Pension Plan has to be negotiated, did the negotiating committee make a deal by reducing or eliminating any further increases with the other plans in order to increase the IBT/UPS Pension Plan, I do not know. Every five years it increases anyway, they did negotiate better increases in this TA.

Our Brothers and Sisters that are under these very healthy (Monetary Contribution Plans) should be well taken care of without any further pension contribution increases. Just look at the the totals listed, we are talking about 817 dollars a week per full time member.... 40,000 dollars a year.

The IBT/UPS Pension Plan is a defined pension trust, it does not get the weekly contributions put into their pension plans like the Washington DC plan and the West.

Any improvements in the IBT/UPS Pension Plan has to be negotiated, did the negotiating committee make a deal by reducing or eliminating any further increases with the other plans in order to increase the IBT/UPS Pension Plan, I do not know. Every five years it increases anyway, they did negotiate better increases in this TA.

Our Brothers and Sisters that are under these very healthy (Monetary Contribution Plans) should be well taken care of without any further pension contribution increases. Just look at the the totals listed, we are talking about 817 dollars a week per full time member.... 40,000 dollars a year.
So many other plans could use some money but they was all forgotten during this contract.

Just wondering what % of drivers will be making top rate in 4 years?
I was talking about this with another driver earlier. With the mass hiring since 2019, there are a lot going to hit top rate in the next couple of years. Maybe that's why they're trying to incentivize Central/Southern old timers to retire this contract? The feeder hiring was insane to the point many are going through most of their progression on feeder, and it trickles down from there, that's a lot of money coming due by Aug 2025.

It's not about who's gonna be fine, it's about what's being touted as huge wins. That's like saying that because our pension plan is healthy and didn't need a bailout, we should take money and give it to the Central States because they need it more. It's a bull:censored2: game of 3-card Monty. It would've cost ~$300M to maintain increases at the same standard as last contract, gtfoh with this $30B "win." They can shove these raises up their asses if it costs my pension increases.

upschuck

It's not about who's gonna be fine, it's about what's being touted as huge wins. That's like saying that because our pension plan is healthy and didn't need a bailout, we should take money and give it to the Central States because they need it more. It's a bull:censored2: game of 3-card Monty. It would've cost ~$300M to maintain increases at the same standard as last contract, gtfoh with this $30B "win." They can shove these raises up their asses if it costs my pension increases.
I'm in the central, and if I retire in 6 years like I'm planning on, my pension will have gone up $60. It's all smoke and mirrors.