Ill say it again.

Jim Rockford

So you’re not quitting? Good. Perhaps they’re not satanic. Maybe they’re just worried about being sued. I know it’s crazy but it’s the world we live in now.
Yeah. Youve brought up lawyers and being sued a thousand times. Sounds like you have an ear to the ground. Still voting Nein.

Thebrownblob

Yeah. Youve brought up lawyers and being sued a thousand times. Sounds like you have an ear to the ground. Still voting Nein.
If that makes you feel like you’ve done something I think that’s fine. I still haven’t decided yet and I might vote no but it won’t be for that reason because I know it’s not changing, I’ll try to put my energy towards something I can make a difference with.

Thebrownblob

If you think someone being upset about the amount of money they make, is the same as them working for Satan and baby blood drinkers is something you could just be only “displeased” about I don’t think we have much else to talk about here because you need some counseling. If you just said that for hyperbole, I understand, and what facet of UPS does this contract contain? This is a teamster contract. UPS did not force the Teamsters to make that change. I don’t think any different about genders than I did yesterday, regardless of what the contract said. It pertains to my rules at work, not my life seems you’ve got them confused, but not so confused that you’re willing to accept the money.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cowboy Mac

The wording is he/she for everything in our current contract. That was to make the women feel included. Gone are they days of just using the masculine and understanding that refers to everyone.

I don’t see how “they” makes a difference other than being easier to read than “he/she”. Unless you think like a liberal, only then it really matters to the liberal mind.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jim Rockford

If you think someone being upset about the amount of money they make, is the same as them working for Satan and baby blood drinkers is something you could just be only “displeased” about I don’t think we have much else to talk about here because you need some counseling. If you just said that for hyperbole, I understand, and what facet of UPS does this contract contain? This is a teamster contract. UPS did not force the Teamsters to make that change. I don’t think any different about genders than I did yesterday, regardless of what the contract said. It pertains to my rules at work, not my life seems you’ve got them confused, but not so confused that you’re willing to accept the money.
I get it. Go along to get along.Difffering world views. Simple as that.

Jim Rockford

The wording is he/she for everything in our current contract. That was to make the women feel included. Gone are they days of just using the masculine and understanding that refers to everyone.

I don’t see how “they” makes a difference other than being easier to read than “he/she”. Unless you think like a liberal, only then it really matters to the liberal mind.
“they” and “them” are supposed to be “gender neutral” language. They replaced the she/he distinctions. Not the masculine forms. Not going alond. No and No.

Thebrownblob

All woke crap should be mocked and scorned without mercy and does not belong in any serious bargaining agreement. Like it doesnt belong in sports or beer ads. Im not gonna be gaslit into thinking its no big deal. It absofukkinlutely is a big deal. Dont agree. Fine.still NO
I agree, but I’ll mock you, because you’ve already admitted you have no plan on quitting even though you say, it’s a big deal it’s not very big deal. If it affects your bottom line, you don’t have any commitment to your own beliefs.

Jim Rockford

Right that’s what you’re doing, actually, it’s worse because according to you, you think they are baby, killer, murderers, Marxists, and Satan worshipers. If I truly felt that I would quit now.
I get it. The kooky words i never said. I used marxist and demonic. But yeah ..elvis is alive with bigfoot and turning the frogs gay or whatever

Thebrownblob

I get it. The kooky words i never said. I used marxist and demonic. But yeah ..elvis is alive with bigfoot and turning the frogs gay or whatever
So you’re going to work for Marxist demonic company and corporation as well as union? Go along to get along, right Jim? Put your money where your mouth is Pal. Then I believe you.

Jim Rockford

So you’re going to work for Marxist demonic company and corporation as well as union? Go along to get along, right Jim? Put your money where your mouth is Pal. Then I believe you.
You got me. Im a hypocrite. Still a no to radical queer theory in my contract. I can live with that.

Cowboy Mac

“they” and “them” are supposed to be “gender neutral” language. They replaced the she/he distinctions. Not the masculine forms. Not going alond. No and No.
We say “they” all the time and don’t pay any mind to it. You just did it yourself in this quote.

My point is that “she/he” is a relatively new thing put into place by the feminists to include women. Before that, in the early 20th century all the way back to the times of the Bible we just used “he”.

Why wait till now to get upset about changing words?

Jim Rockford

We say “they” all the time and don’t pay any mind to it. You just did it yourself in this quote.

My point is that “she/he” is a relatively new thing put into place by the feminists to include women. Before that, in the early 20th century all the way back to the times of the Bible we just used “he”.

Why wait till now to get upset about changing words?
Then vote Yes to this fine upstanding bargaining agreement.

Jim Rockford

Of all the things to be mad about at our company and in our country and this is what sets you off. Did you even work here during covid?
I was here for 97. Yes. Its a big deal. Voting on a contract that mentions the world being flat would be a non starter for me. Its already tainted with pseudoscience. Same deal. No flat earth. No they/them.im not pretending the sky is green for any earthly penance.