Illegal to leave in mailbox

ol'browneye

I have done it a few times. I sheet it as "DR mailbox" so I'm not being dishonest. I know the mail carrier in my rural area, we get along OK, and as long as it doesnt happen on a regular basis he is cool with it. I have customers with 2 mile long driveways and during peak when I am running out of hours that is a shortcut I will occasionally take.

Yep, it pays to know your rural mail carrier. Mine doesn't care as long as he can still get his stuff in. I usually only do that if it would be an EC for a week and it looks like he has already been there. Also, "DR at mailbox" works better because you don't admit to putting it in there!

I open up people’s mailboxes all the Time to find out the address of the house that is missing it’s number... is that wrong?
But it feels so right. I admit I used a mailbox after peak this year. Pkg was sheeted as nsn by someone else the day before. (Looked parishable) Couldnt find a house, but I’m the cluster of mailboxes was a nice juicy box for the consignee

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
i get packages back from drivers that they pick up from the post office a couple times a week. all say driver released when tracking. ups driver delivers to mail box and postal carrier removes as outgoing mail whether intentional or not. here even if the post office delivers you a package with your mail, the mail goes in the mail box and the package goes on my stoop. delivering a package into a mail box is not being safe and secure, its being lazy

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
i get packages back from drivers that they pick up from the post office a couple times a week. all say driver released when tracking. ups driver delivers to mail box and postal carrier removes as outgoing mail whether intentional or not. here even if the post office delivers you a package with your mail, the mail goes in the mail box and the package goes on my stoop. delivering a package into a mail box is not being safe and secure, its being lazy
Sometimes it’s lazy. Sometimes it’s not. Depends on the situation.

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
Sometimes it’s lazy. Sometimes it’s not. Depends on the situation.
well yeah, everything is situational. but nine times outa ten after tracking and googling a pic of the house i find its a either a rookie or a runner and i will let them know it happened and it could bite them in the butt from management so they can decide there future choice of delivery methods

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
it could bite them in the butt from management so they can decide there future choice of delivery methods
management encourages the use of mailbox , gets us back sooner and cleans trucks out. I doubt they would really care. I would never toss a tv by a mailbox , but if it’s a surepost pkg and it’s long driveway yeah it’s getting delivered near mailbox (winter time only)

TheBrownNote

Good thing I wore my brown pants
View attachment 233145
Mailboxes are considered federal property, and federal law (Title 18, United States Code, Section 1705), makes it a crime to vandalize them (or to injure, deface or destroy any mail deposited in them). Violators can be fined up to $250,000, or imprisoned for up to three years, for each act of vandalism.

Simple solution. You simply send the USPS a bill for maintaining their property every year. If they refuse to pay, which they will, it would be because they would claim that it isn't there property but yours.

Just get that statement on writing . You're all set. It is now your property again.

However, the USPS is a privately owned company subsidized by the federal government, in exchange for their facilitating registered mail. The only truely legal mail service that is covered by law. The USPS commits mail fraud every single day.... When they deliver an Amazon package.

It's only real purpose is so there is a place to send correspondence from the feds to each house hold, since, if, it isn't in writing it doesn't exist in the legal world.

There's plenty of info out there about this. You just got to find it yourself.

But put simply, walk it off. You're paid by the hour.

rod

Retired 22 years
Simple solution. You simply send the USPS a bill for maintaining their property every year. If they refuse to pay, which they will, it would be because they would claim that it isn't there property but yours.

Just get that statement on writing . You're all set. It is now your property again.

However, the USPS is a privately owned company subsidized by the federal government, in exchange for their facilitating registered mail. The only truely legal mail service that is covered by law. The USPS commits mail fraud every single day.... When they deliver an Amazon package.

It's only real purpose is so there is a place to send correspondence from the feds to each house hold, since, if, it isn't in writing it doesn't exist in the legal world.

How do you keep your tinfoil hat on when walking?

542thruNthru

Nnnoooopppppeeeee

Why Mailboxes are Federal Property | MailBoss

Once you install your mailbox, and it is ready for the receipt of mail, you effectively lease your mailbox to the federal government for the service of mail delivery. Let’s not forget that, as long as you have an up-to-code mailbox, receiving mail is a free service. Sending mail isn’t free (stamps, shipping, postage, etc). Because you lease your mailbox to the Postal Service, they require that your mailbox meet certain criteria regarding placement, design, and usage in order to maintain your service. If you do not meet these criteria in any way, you break the lease and the Postal Service will no longer use your box for mail delivery.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Did you just make all that up?