Illegal to leave in mailbox

Poop Head

Judge me.
If you put a gram of weed in your mailbox on Sunday morning for your buddy to grab that afternoon you are committing a felony. If you leave it on your porch it’s not a crime.
was on a space/vis ride a few years ago, delivering to a drycleaners. Come back out and see a good looking girl walking up to the house next door. Naturally, we take in the scenery. She walks right up to the mailboxes, reached in one and pulls out a HUGE stack of cash! I let out an audiable "damn gurl". She looks over and does the classic, flip through all the money thing, and walks away. We were both like, yeah, not gonna forget about that mailbox

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I posted on another thread that it was a federal offense to open another person's mailbox. The reason is because when one of my kids was a teen-ager, he and some friends went mailbox bashing and got caught. They were told they could have been prosecuted by the feds as it was a federal offense to mess with a mailbox. These were customer-owned individual mailboxes at the street.

We recently signed a new driver release certification and one of the last points on it said that no notices or packages are to be left in mailboxes as it is illegal.

I advise those of you using mailboxes to discontinue this practice, if it pisses off the mail carrier he will report you and you will be in big doo doo.
On is not "in"
Use a DR bag and hang it.
If you make a hole through both sides, then roll up the top part, you end up with a strong hanger.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
our center is out of rainbags and instructing us to leave packages in snow/mud and let them deal with the customers. Amazon may not be able to take us down but our horrible customer service lately will.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
our center is out of rainbags and instructing us to leave packages in snow/mud and let them deal with the customers. Amazon may not be able to take us down but our horrible customer service lately will.
How do we run out? They know year to year, how many they use. Get the same amount every month?

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Is it still a crime when it's a small item with a USPS barcode on the parcel? Cause I'm a non union subcontractor driver helping the usps to deliver smartpost/surepost cargo...

I do it all the time on my rural area and not one complaint/DFU

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag

It's sad to see Amazon boxes out in the rain, but UPS??? Come on...