I'm Gonna Go Postal, err, UPStal

But Benefits Are Great!

Just Words On A Screen
Here is your chance to say "I told you so".

NOTE TO UPS MANAGERS: If you can't do something until, say, October, just tell me "We'll do that in October"

Don't look me in the eye, every single day, and promise me "sorry, not today, but you will do it tomorrow". For four weeks in a row.

One, it pisses me off like you would not believe. Two, it makes you look like a lying sack of weasel puss, only lower on the food chain.

If you had just told me up front "October" we would be good. But now, I just want to smack you around every morning.

Thanks, I feel better....

DS

Fenderbender
Its ok benny,you didn't know.Its very rare to find a driver that has never been centrally scrutinized.Dont kill him,he will eventually go away,
They all do.

tieguy

Banned
it is what it is, at least the money is good, no?

and the benifits are great. :happy-very:

what did my compadre promise you that has you in such a tither? A new package car? sixty stops in the country? custom tailored browns? Perhaps that new electronic delivery job? Click the mouse to complete the stop. A diad board that satisfies every personal need? A P80,000 with Hot tub and water bed in the back? :happy-very:

brownrodster

EVERYBODY told me - consistantly, the same thing - and I didn't listen. I did not experience it from my previous supervisors.

Happens all the time here too. I think sups are trained at sup school to tell people 'we'll take care of it tomorrow' even though they have no intention to.

Just one of the multitude of reasons that I never talk to sups on purpose.

feeder53

ADKtrails
I think the same thing happens in other areas to, they do it here constantly. I just take it for what its worth and move on.

But Benefits Are Great!

Just Words On A Screen
bbag welcome to our world !!! Did you honestly think you would be delivering to MR.ROGERS NEIGHBORHOOD !!!

No, driving & delivery is not any problem whatsoever - you have a list, packages, a PC, and a day. You either do it, or you don't. Then you do it again tomorrow. It ain't rocket science.

It is supervisors that lie right to your face, daily, for weeks on end, that I have a problem with. Even if the supe had a little twitch, or didn't look at me directly, when they told me something untrue, I could deal with it.

But the complete sincerity, the eye contact, the "I truly mean it, I swear on my pension" words make me want to smack him around.

Re-Raise

No, driving & delivery is not any problem whatsoever - you have a list, packages, a PC, and a day. You either do it, or you don't. Then you do it again tomorrow. It ain't rocket science

Okay now let's move on to this, since you now understand a little more about the seniority process.

I have unloaded, preloaded, night sort, car wash, and driven. And I am not talking weeks or months , I am talking years.

You can't understand what goes into the driver job until you have done it longer. My guess is you deliver air packages which is by far the easiest job I have done at UPS.

Once you have covered vacation routes and driven through peak with a 10 hour load and a wet map on snow covered streets in the dark you can tell me how easy it is.

It may not be rocket science but give it more than a few months before you get too cocky.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Okay now let's move on to this, since you now understand a little more about the seniority process.

I have unloaded, preloaded, night sort, car wash, and driven. And I am not talking weeks or months , I am talking years.

You can't understand what goes into the driver job until you have done it longer. My guess is you deliver air packages which is by far the easiest job I have done at UPS.

Once you have covered vacation routes and driven through peak with a 10 hour load and a wet map on snow covered streets in the dark you can tell me how easy it is.

It may not be rocket science but give it more than a few months before you get too cocky.

I agree with all of that....except the snow on the streets thing, that's why I left up north. How old is this guy that he just doesn't get what we're saying? He reminds me of that kid in that movie, you know, Spider, in Goodfella's. Well, maybe that's a bad example. Here's one, nah, that's no good either. I have it. BBAG? You may have been able to jump over the heads of all of the other guys at McDonalds, Toys R Us, Target or wherever it is you have worked before. It ain't gonna happen here, at UPS, my naive friend. Take everyone's advice and zip it. Work hard at your present job and when you move up, work hard there too. Today is all we have. You have no idea what tomorrow brings, so just accept the fate of the working man.

Last edited:

But Benefits Are Great!

Just Words On A Screen
Well, this has been fun.

Obviously, unintentionally alienated myself here. Between the Toadys atatbl & Pretty Steve with a little re-raise thrown in, this place is no longer fun for me, and that is all it was ever supposed to be.

Good luck to you all,

Mike