Immigration

ch317273

When your bank says no, champion says YES
How so? Regale us with your own personal horror stories. ;)
I actually was on the receiving end unfortunatly of not being able to keep my insurance, before I got to ups I was at New England motor freight and when the ACA was put in effect the following year the company altered providers from anthem bc/bs which premium weekly was only 50 for me and wife and daughter to a United healthcare hmo awful plan where I was paying in the end 97 a week, plus deductible was insane like 3grand.... The ACA will IMO hurt unions the most, teamster and Union benies used to be incredible, granted they still are probably most affordable compared to many other non Union gigs, the ACA in 2 years I believe will no longer consider many unions exempt and (hopefully not) but we will likely see all of our costs rise steadily

ch317273

Have heard through the grapevine that our colleges & universities are bastions of liberalism.
That makes who the uneducated?
I agree most colleges and universities are predominantly liberal, and the kids there stay liberal UNTIL they finish college, are off mom and dads dime and have to get a real job in the real world, it's easy to have a liberal mentality when u don't have any real responsibility and the only thing ya gotta worry about is where you are gonna get you weed from for the night, but when u gotta think about bills, healthcare, retirement savings, act., IMO liberal thinking will hurt your wallet and it doesn't work for the working man or woman in this country, but hey , to each his own right? The best college in the world is the USMC, glad I enrolled right after HS, I wouldn't wanna be a caught up in a liberal pot haze at a college in today's day in age

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Reallybrown you make all of us laugh. You could not even explain the basic tenets of the Affordable Car Act past the bumper sticker you hear about it on Fox.

Go on, explain to all of us why you want the ACA destroyed? What exactly is is doing to harm you personally?
It already cost me and my family our UPS health insurance.
We now have a union plan that is not as good.
Is that HARM enough?

Sportello

It already cost me and my family our UPS health insurance.
We now have a union plan that is not as good.
Is that HARM enough?
Do you pay income tax on those benefits you receive as part of a Union contract? You can always go into management if you prefer their benefits.

Where is the harm?

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Do you pay income tax on those benefits you receive as part of a Union contract? You can always go into management if you prefer their benefits.

Where is the harm?
The harm is my new insurance is not as good as my old insurance it now cost me more money when I need specialized medical treatment and for prescriptions. My wife has always gotten progressive lenses withthe lenses that get dark when you go outside and that will cost more money now.

So if it cost me in my family more money that is harming my family.

And what is with all the BS on do I pay income tax on my health insurance?

moreluck

golden ticket member
fUPIchO.jpg

bbsam

Staff member
I actually was on the receiving end unfortunatly of not being able to keep my insurance, before I got to ups I was at New England motor freight and when the ACA was put in effect the following year the company altered providers from anthem bc/bs which premium weekly was only 50 for me and wife and daughter to a United healthcare hmo awful plan where I was paying in the end 97 a week, plus deductible was insane like 3grand.... The ACA will IMO hurt unions the most, teamster and Union benies used to be incredible, granted they still are probably most affordable compared to many other non Union gigs, the ACA in 2 years I believe will no longer consider many unions exempt and (hopefully not) but we will likely see all of our costs rise steadily
Nobody forced the company to make any changes.

Sportello

The harm is my new insurance is not as good as my old insurance it now cost me more money when I need specialized medical treatment and for prescriptions. My wife has always gotten progressive lenses withthe lenses that get dark when you go outside and that will cost more money now.

So if it cost me in my family more money that is harming my family.

And what is with all the BS on do I pay income tax on my health insurance?

Boo Hoo.

You are not a slave. Quit if the job enslaves you.

I thought you got VA insurance, why do you need Teamsters...if you are really a Teamster? Is your wife an employee with benefits, or are you suggesting universal, single payer health care? You seem to think you are owed health care.

Talk about fighting against your interests...

ch317273

Boo Hoo.

You are not a slave. Quit if the job enslaves you.

I thought you got VA insurance, why do you need Teamsters...if you are really a Teamster? Is your wife an employee with benefits, or are you suggesting universal, single payer health care? You seem to think you are owed health care.

Talk about fighting against your interests...
I think you're missing the point with all due respect, he nor anyone else shouldn't have to rely on VA benies or change jobs or make any lifestyle changes when the terms of the ACA were supposedly not going to interfere with anyone's plan when the act was passed, now "all of a sudden" (shocker) certain plans have changed, many for the worse, and rightfully so people are agitated, I dunno why they call it the 'affordable care' act, it's anything but affordable, I know quite a few people, my brother in law included that went to the exchange only to find plans that were incredibly expensive with deductibles in excess of 3000.... Insane....I believe somewhere along the line in this thread the topic of lies was brought up, how come all the democrat sympathizers here are not bringing any democrat lies up???? Hmmmm