Immigration

moreluck

golden ticket member
......." I never called you a freeloader................"

No, the president already does that......... If you get Medicare and Social Security, even though you paid into in all your adult life, you are counted in the "welfare numbers". You are considered "on the dole".

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
...."The wall street money is simply shuffled around between rich people......."

With your own words......where do the poor get poorer in your statement?????

Despite how much the company makes, the worker is kept part-time at minimum wage. All the while the purchasing power of his money is declining.
6-20-06mw-f2.jpg
6-20-06mw-f2.jpg

moreluck

golden ticket member
The purchasing power of my money rises & falls too......(your chart is 10 years old)......................I may go from shopping at Nordstrums to Robison-May to Penney's to Walmart.....as needed. I'm flexible.
I'll even do DollarTree.....greeting cards at 2 for $1........why pay Hallmark prices?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
The purchasing power of my money rises & falls too......(your chart is 10 years old)......................I may go from shopping at Nordstrums to Robison-May to Penney's to Walmart.....as needed. I'm flexible.
I'll even do DollarTree.....greeting cards at 2 for $1........why pay Hallmark prices?

But you don't spend almost all your money on basic food, shelter, and transportation. The purchasing power isn't quite as important when basic necessities aren't a huge portion of your total income.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Let's get back on topic.

Who here, if they were pregnant living in real poverty south of the border, wouldn't find a way to get into the US. It might not be a small sacrifice, but if it ensured my child would have a chance at a good life in America, I'd do it.

We reward breaking the law through birthright citizenship. Maybe we shouldn't.

moreluck

golden ticket member
But you don't spend almost all your money on basic food, shelter, and transportation. The purchasing power isn't quite as important when basic necessities aren't a huge portion of your total income.
Trust me.......the bills always got paid first!!
I have never had a late payment ofriend any kind !!
The payment is due the 1st......my kids say there's a 15 day grace period. I say if it's due the 1st.....that's when they should have it in their hands. By the time you pay all the bills and buy all the groceries,there was never a lot of money left over ......ever. So there's no use talking to me about bills and budget.
Necessities have always been about 85% of our income.
Purchasing power is everything! Money talks!!! When I withhold it ,I t says plenty!!

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Trust me.......the bills always got paid first!!
I have never had a late payment ofriend any kind !!
The payment is due the 1st......my kids say there's a 15 day grace period. I say if it's due the 1st.....that's when they should have it in their hands. By the time you pay all the bills and buy all the groceries,there was never a lot of money left over ......ever. So there's no use talking to me about bills and budget.
Necessities have always been about 85% of our income.
Purchasing power is everything! Money talks!!! When I withhold it ,I t says plenty!!

I said BASIC food, shelter, and transportation. I'm not talking about your car payment, I'm talking about bus fare. I think it's great you pay all your bills on time, but I think we are having two different conversations.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I said BASIC food, shelter, and transportation. I'm not talking about your car payment, I'm talking about bus fare. I think it's great you pay all your bills on time, but I think we are having two different conversations.
Not to beleaguer the point.....but there are locations without bus services !!! A bus may work in NY, or Boston or Cleveland.........try to get one in San Clemente. Even the poor and homeless have cars..........some live in them.
Also. I'm so old that I don't need you to still have a conversation !!
I wish you 46 years of a balanced budget!!!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Just mention "sanctuary from cartels" and you will get free hotel. So, anyone want to go to San Diego and try this out?? The weather is perfect !!!!

Babagounj

Strength through joy
[h=1]New Mexico Court Rules Non-English Speaking Citizens Can Serve On Juries[/h]http://lasvegas.cbslocal.com/2013/08/13/new-mexico-court-rules-non-english-speaking-citizens-can-serve-on-juries/

UPS Lifer

I just personally experienced LEGAL immigration and how easy it is when you do everything right. My son's fiancée started the process in July and got her Fiancée VISA 2 days ago. They will be getting married in November.

Generally, as long as you can prove you are not a burden to America, have sponsors who will ensure that, fill all the paperwork out and provide the proper documentation, the process is very smooth.

The process to get to America legally took a little over 3 months.

Sorry, I can't get behind a bunch of cry baby illegals who think they are entitled to citizenship ....just because!

However, I still believe there should be a path to get these people out of the shadow, now that they are here, as long as the border is secure.