Inconsistent Newbie loader

nystripe96

I've been on the job as a loader for 3 weeks. My walls are very inconsistent right now. Some days I feel like I'm doing great, other days my walls are downright terrible. I was yelled out for building a poor wall and my pph had fallen below 250/hr. I'm always early to my PD, and won't miss any days ever. Friday was the first time I got nervous I may not make union unless my walls improve. Should I stop stressing, or will they possibly let me go even if I'm never going to miss any days? I know wall building isn't rocket science so if you guys wanna get on my case like my supes I'll understand

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Stop stressing. We have preloaders that have been doing the job for YEARS and ya'd think they were newbies some days.:dont_know:

Last edited:

dillweed

Helloworld, that was great! Even I might be able to load with that info and I've always thought it would be one of the hardest positions in the building. Easier for you, easier for the unloader. nystripe, give yourself time. Absorb what Helloworld said and work on following his tips a bit at a time. Sups will never be happy with your numbers or load quality, trust me. It's not their job to tell someone they are doing a good enough job. The fact that you care is going to be seen and help you more than you know. Best of luck, you'll get it.

nystripe96

Thanks guys. I'm counting down the days till I make union, so the reassurance is much welcomed at this point to ease my fears of being let go

nystripe96

Haha, I have good days and bad right now. I'm quickly coming to the realization that no single day is ever the same at that place. My least favorite word has become "egress" I think egress is just another way to say impossible.

nystripe96

Some trucks have conveyors with the extendo. It almost doubles my efficiency. If UPS is all about production, they should just do away with the manual rollers and have the automatic belt going into every trailer. It saves soooooo much time!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Some trucks have conveyors with the extendo. It almost doubles my efficiency. If UPS is all about production, they should just do away with the manual rollers and have the automatic belt going into every trailer. It saves soooooo much time!

Less than a month in and he wants to reinvent the wheel.:happy-very:

brownelf

Just work safe by using proper methods, the speed will come. No job at UPS is worth getting hurt for, always tell the new guys this job is not a sprint it's a marathon. That goes from the unload to being a driver, get the methods right first, as without them you haven't got a chance at long term employment at UPS.

nystripe96

I know I'm a number. I know UPS employs over 400,000 in the U.S. I'm not concerned with that, or the verbal abuse I've gotten & will receive for years to come. I can hack it. I just want to work, know my job is secure & do it to the best of my ability. Right now my job is not secure, & I have 25 more days to make sure I've got some semblance of a future regardless of how stressful they plan to make it for me

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Thick Skin,Smile on your face,and repeat after me the words " I am doing my best" and load on brother and don't worry about the polo's they suck.