Increased Stop Count Reactions

Zowert

I just work like I usually do. No slowing down or speeding up. However I do tend to get tired after the 9 and a half hour mark for some reason. My stops per hour average plummets when I’m beat.

rentadawg

So I’ve been driving for 2 years( right before the 22.4 contract) what’s the issue with runners? Especially for the seniors who have retirement routes and are by default guaranteed 40 hrs or more a week? What do others have to do with it?

rentadawg

Well if that’s true then it’s kind of strange. I do 200-220 stops by 4pm on a 60-70 mile route while we have drivers that do 260 stops no problem around 3pm on a 40 mile route. And we have some seniors from 1980 doing business routes with a bricked truck going over 3-4 hrs on plan time but yet don’t get reduced stop counts?

Sounds like some hubs are vastly different then others from I’ve been reading.

bdmiz

Well if that’s true then it’s kind of strange. I do 200-220 stops by 4pm on a 60-70 mile route while we have drivers that do 260 stops no problem around 3pm on a 40 mile route. And we have some seniors from 1980 doing business routes with a bricked truck going over 3-4 hrs on plan time but yet don’t get reduced stop counts?

If you're doing 200-220 by 4pm on a 60-70 miles route, you're either not taking your breaks or you're skipping your lunch, or both. I dont give a :censored2: what anyone says, if you are doing what you should be doing as far as breaks and lunch, you WILL NOT do 200 stops by 4pm unless you're in a 1 mile square radius with stops every 20 feet. You aren't doing any favors for anyone working like that. All you do is :censored2: over the guys who actually do this job the right way.

Siveriano

Damn and UPS told me once I was the best driver by doing 145 stops by 1930 on a 15 mile route.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
buncha runners here taking time worked mondays , hey guys this allows them to cut more routes mondays! ..by taking days off and accepting time worked!!!

STOP RUNNING

RPCD YOU WORK MONDAYS MINIMUM OF 8 HOURS !!

✊🧔

542thruNthru

So I’ve been driving for 2 years( right before the 22.4 contract) what’s the issue with runners? Especially for the seniors who have retirement routes and are by default guaranteed 40 hrs or more a week? What do others have to do with it?
The issue most people have with runners is that they affect the routes around them because of their running. Sometimes it's minor things and sometimes it's large issues. Company wants good numbers and if a runner is burning it up they will move things around to make sure that route continues to achieve those good numbers.

Move Pick ups, ODS pick ups, easier deliveries or even cut a route in the loop because it's light and they know the runner will knock out the 40 or 50 extra stops while they spread the other 10 or 15 each to the other routes in the loop.

rentadawg

That’s what I was getting at with how different hubs are. The senior drivers still have light routes to the contrary, they get desired stop counts regardless. Our hub as so many drivers, a lot get sent home on a consistent basis, not nearly enough work I guess.

rentadawg

The issue most people have with runners is that they affect the routes around them because of their running. Sometimes it's minor things and sometimes it's large issues. Company wants good numbers and if a runner is burning it up they will move things around to make sure that route continues to achieve those good numbers.

Move Pick ups, ODS pick ups, easier deliveries or even cut a route in the loop because it's light and they know the runner will knock out the 40 or 50 extra stops while they spread the other 10 or 15 each to the other routes in the loop.
buncha runners here taking time worked mondays , hey guys this allows them to cut more routes mondays! ..by taking days off and accepting time worked!!!

STOP RUNNING

✊🧔

STOP RUNNING

✊🧔
There’s barely any routes on Monday’s. It’s just as dead as Saturday’s. Wednesday and Thursday’s being the apocalypse no matter what happens.

rentadawg

If you're doing 200-220 by 4pm on a 60-70 miles route, you're either not taking your breaks or you're skipping your lunch, or both. I dont give a * what anyone says, if you are doing what you should be doing as far as breaks and lunch, you WILL NOT do 200 stops by 4pm unless you're in a 1 mile square radius with stops every 20 feet. You aren't doing any favors for anyone working like that. All you do is * over the guys who actually do this job the right way.
The right way sounds very subjective. Work what suits you best, no one actually cares about what colleagues have to deal with. If that’s the case then 8 hrs and optional days are guaranteed to screw someone else’s route. Those are used viciously. As long as you do the work and follow the methods. That’s the “ right way”

BrownStains

Stop counts don’t always matter . You can be low stops with a lot of pickups but more pieces, heavy industrial etc. and it takes the same amount of time as higher stops that is just residential and no pickups. Stop count is only one part of it , it depends on piece count too and the type of route whether it be all resi or business w/ pickups

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

I loved runners
When they got done early they’d have to come take some of my work