INEXPERIENCE MATTERS

fairday

OUR NEW CENTER MANAGER HAS 0 DRIVING EXPERIENCE, CAME STRAIGHT OUT FROM PRELOAD PART-TIME DISPATCH ASST. PART-TIME PRELOAD AND RELOAD SUPS ARE DISQUALIFIED EMPLOYEE AND KID OUT OF HIGH SCHOOL WITH 0 UPS KNOWLEDGE. ON-ROAD SUP HAS BEEN MOVED IN BECAUSE NO ONE ELSE WANTS HIM. DISPATCH DOESNT REALLY HAPPEN UNTIL 1 MINUTE BEFORE START-TIME WHEN THE PAGES OF ADDCUTS COME DOWN. IS THE MGMT JOB POOL THAT EMPTY SO THE PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY DO THE JOB HAVE TO LISTEN TO PERSONEL WHO ARE CLUELESS OR SHOULD WE JUST DO AWAY WITH ALL MID-LEVEL MGMT BRING BACK DRIVER SORT/LOAD AND DO THE JOB OURSELVES...

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
OUR NEW CENTER MANAGER HAS 0 DRIVING EXPERIENCE, CAME STRAIGHT OUT FROM PRELOAD PART-TIME DISPATCH ASST. PART-TIME PRELOAD AND RELOAD SUPS ARE DISQUALIFIED EMPLOYEE AND KID OUT OF HIGH SCHOOL WITH 0 UPS KNOWLEDGE. ON-ROAD SUP HAS BEEN MOVED IN BECAUSE NO ONE ELSE WANTS HIM. DISPATCH DOESNT REALLY HAPPEN UNTIL 1 MINUTE BEFORE START-TIME WHEN THE PAGES OF ADDCUTS COME DOWN. IS THE MGMT JOB POOL THAT EMPTY SO THE PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY DO THE JOB HAVE TO LISTEN TO PERSONEL WHO ARE CLUELESS OR SHOULD WE JUST DO AWAY WITH ALL MID-LEVEL MGMT BRING BACK DRIVER SORT/LOAD AND DO THE JOB OURSELVES...

Your posting privileges should be revoked

Limper

Out For Delivery
You're shouting in all Caps.

UPS doesn't care about driving experience among management. These people are not decision makers anymore, only numbers enforcers.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
It's usually mandatory for Full Time supervisors to spend 30 days on road before moving to the FT management positions.
I'm sure that can be withdrawn if necessary. A center manager not having On-road supervisor experience would be more disturbing.

PT Car Washer

It's usually mandatory for Full Time supervisors to spend 30 days on road before moving to the FT management positions.
I'm sure that can be withdrawn if necessary. A center manager not having On-road supervisor experience would be more disturbing.
Do you mean all FT sups or just package car sups? Most of the preload, hub and feeder sups in my building have never driven package cars. Preload manager and PDS sup have never driven.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Do you mean all FT sups or just package car sups? Most of the preload, hub and feeder sups in my building have never driven package cars. Preload manager and PDS sup have never driven.

I'm only experienced in one district, one division
It's typical for them to have to do their 30 days as far as I've been told.
Even if their not in package now, they usually always will do time in that area eventually.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Sounds about right. Our center manager just qualified as a driver and was then "promoted."

Our center manager was barely qualified as a driver (about 6 weeks) then was promoted to center manager. Zero ORS experience, zero real world experience, 22 years old, barely able to run the DIAD, still pooping out driving school chow, and now trying to tell everyone else what they are doing wrong. That's disturbing.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Sounds about right. Our center manager just qualified as a driver and was then "promoted."
Our center manager was barely qualified as a driver (about 6 weeks) then was promoted to center manager. Zero ORS experience, zero real world experience, 22 years old, barely able to run the DIAD, still pooping out driving school chow, and now trying to tell everyone else what they are doing wrong. That's disturbing.
And it's your fault because you will not take a promotion into management.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
And it's your fault because you will not take a promotion into management.
At this point Hoax, I think I would be WAAAAAY over-qualified. I'm mid 40's, can't shake my ass like I used to, fat, lazy, been through too much in the real world to care, and I actually know how to run a DIAD. Bout' the only thing I got going for me as far as being qualified for management is I smoke like a chimney!

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Don't be "all caps" guy! People think of this:

clint-howard-o.gif

It would be so cool it this poster could get every lucky charm brown cafe has to offer with his first post.