info add

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by dannyboy, Mar 7, 2010.

1. dannyboy

dannyboy From the promised LAND

Why, since the postal service is in deep trouble, does UPS not attack it for what it is.

They are running adds for the package portion of the business, but yet the bread and butter is losing money? How funny.

Lets undercut what the competitors can deliver, but what they cant, we need to raise rates on.

UPS, if done properly, could deal a serious blow to the package part of the post office.

2. local804

local804 Well-Known Member

UPS moves a lot of mail here in NY for the USPS. Would be a good idea if we were not in bed with the enemy.
  3. helenofcalifornia

helenofcalifornia Well-Known Member

We have lost probably one truck in volume a day to the Post Office with the Basic Service.
  4. derf3733

derf3733 Member

Same here, I use to go to the Post Office once or twice a week with just 1 package. I'm now there daily with 5 or 6 pkgs. I've seen a huge climb in the number of packages headed to the Post Office for final delivery and my route is in a metro area. Can't imagine what a real rural route take to USPS
  5. ups2000

ups2000 Member

one post office i deliver to gets 15-20 a day now used to get 5 a week
  6. dilligaf

dilligaf IN VINO VERITAS

Our pcm yesterday consisted of getting sales leads because USPS is not going to del. on sats anymore. Hmmmmm......................
  7. dilligaf

dilligaf IN VINO VERITAS

Our rural rtes have increased the del volume by 100-200%. Everyday.