Info on Yorktown Heights, NY Center

svic28

Im going in for my tour to be a package handler on friday im trying to get my foot in the door and work my way up to a delivery driver. Does anyone have info on this center and how long the wait time at this center is to be a driver?

The center is on Front Street in Yorktown Heights New York.

Thanks!

F5Fury

You are looking at a few years wait to be even considered for full time. We have some guys who have been working preload for 8 years without getting called up.

svic28

Forgot to mention that the guy who gave my name to HR is one of the top drivers at the center. He was honored as one of the 25 top drivers of New York. Was curious if anyone knew if it helps to have someone close inside. Pretty sure i got the handler job if i go though.

P

pickup

Im going in for my tour to be a package handler on friday im trying to get my foot in the door and work my way up to a delivery driver. Does anyone have info on this center and how long the wait time at this center is to be a driver?

Thanks!

Forgot to mention that the guy who gave my name to HR is one of the top drivers at the center. He was honored as one of the 25 top drivers of New York. Was curious if anyone knew if it helps to have someone close inside. Pretty sure i got the handler job if i go though.

Let's see , original poster has question about how long it takes to become a driver. Original poster also, later mentions that he has a connection to a driver who presumably has been there a long time at the same center that he wants to eventually become a driver at.

Riddle me this: Why doesn't the Original Poster ask the top driver at the center(who is a friend) how long it will take to become a driver instead of asking on this forum????????????????????????????

svic28

The guy pretty much got me a job there. I dont wanna hastle him with all these questions right away. Was wondering if anyone had similiar experiences.

Thanks!
If you call 867-5309 and ask for Jenny she can tell you anything you need to know.

svic28

Went for the tour this AM and after i mentioned the driver i knew at the facility the HR lady said she will change the location closer to my home. I havent seen an opening for the position at that center and on the UPS application site the location was changed to the one closer to home. Should i have any concerns about this?

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Let's see , original poster has question about how long it takes to become a driver. Original poster also, later mentions that he has a connection to a driver who presumably has been there a long time at the same center that he wants to eventually become a driver at.

Riddle me this: Why doesn't the Original Poster ask the top driver at the center(who is a friend) how long it will take to become a driver instead of asking on this forum????????????????????????????
The friend might just tell him the truth that the wait could be 10 years.