Instead of A/C , lets ask for massaging seats

Thebrownblob

I firmly believe UPS will be ultimately forced to have AC in all vehicles before they would be forced to have massaging seats.

Probably later than sooner, but eventually.

Just sayin.
Not anytime soon, if ever, the company just replaced almost entire fleet within the last couple of years.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Not anytime soon, if ever, the company just replaced almost entire fleet within the last couple of years.
No doubt, IMO it will be awhile.

Looking forward to the outcome of the OSHA NEP on Heat Related Illnesses and the new national standards that results from the ongoing rule making process that is well underway. Maybe we’ll see something this summer.

I’ll be out at my pool most of the time but I’ll keep an eye on this situation.

I think this will impose some significantly new enforceable costs to the corrupt corporations in this country.

IMO and based upon my experience UPS ideals have eroded and been corrupted over the years.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
That may be true.

But I disagree.

Over the years there has been many improvements in worker safety that “old timers” of the day thought would never happen.

It may be awhile but I believe it will happen.

The problem with heat, is not in the cab.... it's in the back of the truck.

Less stops, better load quality, and ditch Orion.

TSB

Yeah, I'm a road hog
It's a known fact that darker colors absorb and retain more heat. It's a little late to change the primary color from brown to any lighter shade, so that's out the window. IMO A/C will never happen, and this is why. Cost prohibitive. Until there is widespread occurrences of drivers suffering heat stroke and all the costs associated with it, (Lost service, packages not delivered, medical expenses, employees dying etc...) the cost of installing any type of cooling system won't happen. Just to put it into perspective, there are many other occupations that the workers are subjected to extreme temperatures that don't seem to be doing the same "whining" that is going on here. Example; Firefighter, outdoor construction worker, steel mill foundry worker, armed forces service member. My point is no one forced anyone to do the job they chose. With those choices comes good and bad points. It simply is what it is. If you want to be cooler at work bring something cold to drink. If you want to be warmer, add an extra layer. Man-Up or Lady-Up and do it yourself, stop waiting/wishing for someone else to take care of YOU.

21Savage

It's a known fact that darker colors absorb and retain more heat. It's a little late to change the primary color from brown to any lighter shade, so that's out the window. IMO A/C will never happen, and this is why. Cost prohibitive. Until there is widespread occurrences of drivers suffering heat stroke and all the costs associated with it, (Lost service, packages not delivered, medical expenses, employees dying etc...) the cost of installing any type of cooling system won't happen. Just to put it into perspective, there are many other occupations that the workers are subjected to extreme temperatures that don't seem to be doing the same "whining" that is going on here. Example; Firefighter, outdoor construction worker, steel mill foundry worker, armed forces service member. My point is no one forced anyone to do the job they chose. With those choices comes good and bad points. It simply is what it is. If you want to be cooler at work bring something cold to drink. If you want to be warmer, add an extra layer. Man-Up or Lady-Up and do it yourself, stop waiting/wishing for someone else to take care of YOU.
Holy balls you are STUPID!

Integrity

Binge Poster
When the AC is installed, feel free to keep it turned off.