Interviewing Monday, Tell me the hard truth.

Poop Head

Judge me.
I will definitely take this to heart. As a personal trainer I know the body follows the mind. It's mainly adjusting to the lifestyle. I've been a iOS programmer for 3 years with no set "work time". I've worked from home(& NYC office twice a week) and given whatever projects from the company I have a contract with. Whether I do the work at 8 am or 1 am. It made no difference as long as I made deadline. I usually opted for 10 pm to 4 am

So mentally I will have to prepare myself for a change in lifestyle. The first week will be difficult but if I can overcome that I'll get use to it. I made $20.hr coding but got bored of the office/home setting. I think UPS would be a good fit for me. Until of course the drones take over.
Get ready for your body to go to :censored2:. You're gonna loose a Dem gainz

N

Nothing by 1030 anymore

I will definitely take this to heart. As a personal trainer I know the body follows the mind. It's mainly adjusting to the lifestyle. I've been a iOS programmer for 3 years with no set "work time". I've worked from home(& NYC office twice a week) and given whatever projects from the company I have a contract with. Whether I do the work at 8 am or 1 am. It made no difference as long as I made deadline. I usually opted for 10 pm to 4 am

So mentally I will have to prepare myself for a change in lifestyle. The first week will be difficult but if I can overcome that I'll get use to it. I made $20.hr coding but got bored of the office/home setting. I think UPS would be a good fit for me. Until of course the drones take over.
What was the weather like inside ? Lol

N

Nothing by 1030 anymore

If hired, I'd be one of the first new guys. I'd expect they wouldn't hire new people if they had no demand for them. Worst case senairo, I work 3 days a week (Thursday-Saturday) during the summer months. Then kill it September-January.
Lol. So cute

N

Nothing by 1030 anymore

I still have the contracts and will renew in July. If I really don't like UPS my temp job ends after January 2018. The coding jobs are usually not to difficult and if I'm crunched for time, there's usually a kid in India willing to do it for $20.
Maybe the India dude will come drive that nasty ups truck some bad weather days

SBTY_Syndrome

Center Managers Hate Me
Makes me wanna puke.
I really don't understand the hate. I get no benefits and make a fraction of what "real" drivers make. There's a saying "Making fun of an obese person in a gym is like making fun of a sick person in a hospital."

I'm skilled in field that I have lost passion for and I'm trying out a new profession. I literally don't affect any FT drivers as I am second tier. Which is something I'm okay with. I don't expect to come in and be making $60k. I will prove myself as a skilled driver. Whether it takes 3 months or 1 year.

I'm simply saying that maybe I won't get as many hours as I'd hope. As I'm sure many of you didn't start out 50 hours a week. You have to start somewhere, and this is where I start. If you came into my gym and asked me a question on how to start becoming fit; I wouldn't snicker with my friends. I'd lend you a helping hand.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
I really don't understand the hate. I get no benefits and make a fraction of what "real" drivers make. There's a saying "Making fun of an obese person in a gym is like making fun of a sick person in a hospital."

I'm skilled in field that I have lost passion for and I'm trying out a new profession. I literally don't affect any FT drivers as I am second tier. Which is something I'm okay with. I don't expect to come in and be making $60k. I will prove myself as a skilled driver. Whether it takes 3 months or 1 year.

I'm simply saying that maybe I won't get as many hours as I'd hope. As I'm sure many of you didn't start out 50 hours a week. You have to start somewhere, and this is where I start. If you came into my gym and asked me a question on how to start becoming fit; I wouldn't snicker with my friends. I'd lend you a helping hand.

I wish you the best brother. You have a great attitude. I'm sure u will succeed. Best of luck my friend. Ps. I don't need to "start becoming fit ". I got a home gym in my basement. I'd whoop your ass.

N

Nothing by 1030 anymore

You walking into one big cluster:censored2:..lending you a helping hand away from misery. Good luck

35years

Gravy route
If hired, I'd be one of the first new guys. I'd expect they wouldn't hire new people if they had no demand for them. Worst case senairo, I work 3 days a week (Thursday-Saturday) during the summer months. Then kill it September-January.

Wrong.

Worst case, and most likely;
-You work every Saturday 14 hours a day and no days M-friend.
-They will make sure you don't make seniority by letting you go before you have 30 paid days.
-They start working you during the "free period" so you never make seniority.
-You injure yourself (disk injuries are common) because you think you can muscle thorough the job.

Best case, and least likely;
-You have the mental and emotional grit to endure constant harassment and mind games (guys who were emotionally or mentally abused do best)
-You luck into a situation where they need more than just Saturday drivers (who they pretend are full time).
-You manage to avoid cracking a mirror or running over a hose connector etc. for 30 strait work days.

Good luck to you. Use your knowledge of proper movement and lifting so you only end up with broken down joints, and not herniated disks, at retirement.