IRA account, how do I?

Damondogg

Since I'm still employed with UPS, I can't open a Roth so an IRA is what I'm looking into doing to go along with my 401K. How do I setup an IRA account?

upschuck

Go to the site you want to open IRA with, and click on "Open IRA" button, the follow the steps. UPS does not offer that service.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Go to the site you want to open IRA with, and click on "Open IRA" button, the follow the steps. UPS does not offer that service.
My brother texted me the other day asking how to open an IRA for his wife to be.

I wanted to say if you can't click open IRA and follow the steps you have no business handling your own retirement.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Roth is the way to go. you pay taxes on money before you put it in and don't have to pay taxes when you take it out.

my spouse doesn't work so we were able to max out the IRAs and the 401k. that saved us a boatload on taxes.

we use Vanguard too ( as another poster does) since they are top professionals and very LOW fees with good performance like the vanguard 500 fund . they have a lot of INDEX funds like International funds and such which are not as risky.

all the big mutual funds have 1-800 numbers. call them and ask questions.